Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Feather Help

Hello,

i have been seeing some nice feather materials and i would like to know how it is done...

I have a turkey and i was wanting to to know what it would look like with feathers.. because i am not a very good texturer at the moment...

i will appreciate any form of help. but not downloads of materials i want to know how to make my own.. and could help me make different kinds of materials also..

here is a pic of the turkey.. (not sure which look to go with)

turkeyguess.JPG

by the way i have fixed the problem of the line coming out of the back of his leg...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

simple the hair system, to make them look like feathers go to the hairs thickness right click and click "time based" then goto the time line and out can change the hair thickness from 0%(the beginning) to 100%(the end) so that way it looks like feathers.

if you practice your rendering the 3d would be best, but as of now the toon rendered.

There's examples of using the timeline for changing thickness (or colour or anything) along a length of hair in the online reference manual:

http://www.hash.com/Technical_Reference/v110/Hair.htm

(Not sure why it appears to be linking to 11.0 page, I went through v13 help, but it's the same anyway)

I vote for a 3d turkey.

• 8 months later...

wow... i am ressurecting this old topic becuase i finally did something with the turkey.

i will have the video up when its done rendering and its done uploading... i like it... it is sorta a family thing that most of you wont understand. but yall can give some constructive criticism to help me in future animations. this one is set becuase thanksgiving is in 1 day

• 2 weeks later...