Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Help My Disc of A:M is Scratched!!!! :-(

clonewar12345

My disc for A:M is scratched. It is starting to get cracked too. Often it dosnt start up. I have A:M 2002. If i buy the upgrade will i still have to use the disc when i start the program up? I love the program but i dont have enough money to purchase the new version on disc. I got my disc as a gift from a friend because he bought a newer version

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ain't working for Hash, but I don't think you qualify for an upgrade. The license belong to your friend, and so the upgrade path that goes with it.

However, everytime you do upgrade, you receive a brand new disc to start AM.

Not sure but I don't think using an old version disk from someone else after an update is technically "legal" in the strictest interpretation.

If you enjoy using AM and have used this "borrowed" copy for a while...

... pay the piper. Save those pennies and bite the bullet...

okay I'm out of cliches.

-vern

I ain't working for Hash, but I don't think you qualify for an upgrade. The license belong to your friend, and so the upgrade path that goes with it.
I was wondering about that also I remember someone was trying to sell there disc on this forum. Anyone buying it would also not be able to upgrade for the $99.00 so I asked that in the thread to kinda warn anyone about this major down fall of buying a used AM Disc. Also I don't know this but your friend might be endanger of lossing his ability to upgrade?? If I have a copy of windows legal of course and I give it away and someone else tries to register it my licence gets axed and I loss any sopport from M/S. This is what an owner of a Computer store explained to me a while ago. So let your friend know that Maybe giving away his old AM disc might not be as harmless as he might be thinking it is? When I bought AM for 299.00 years ago I didn't see any where that the licence and upgrade deal is transferable. IF each of us gave away there old disc each upgrade Hash would go under! and we be forced to spend alot more for a lot less IMHO.

I love the program but i dont have enough money to purchase

Well you know you love it so consider yourself lucky to be given a full demo and now you just need to buy it. About the money there is mylti ways to earn it I suggest working hard and saving and eventually you will reach your goals. ;)

Good luck I wish you well maybe you can help us make a movie one day :) .

when we give hash, inc. our money, we're not buying a cd... we're buying a license to use the product.

the fact that your friend is still using his license means it wasn't even implicitly transferred... so you never had the legal right to use it.

that being said, the only folks who have opinions that matter work for hash, inc.

-jon

• Admin
that being said, the only folks who have opinions that matter work for hash, inc

What Jon said.

Definitely contact Hash Inc.

They'll point you in the right direction.

Your attitude toward being on the up and up alone says volumes about you.

I admire that.