Hash, Inc. Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolf

Sound FX

Anyone know of some software I can use to make custom sound fx files? :unsure:

My favorite lately is Google. If you need a duck quaking simply type 'duck.wav' or 'quack.wav' etc...\

You didn't specify if you were looking for 'free' or not...so I'll recommend what I use. 'Sound Forge' and 'Acid'...both from Sony, I believe.

Sound Forge is an editing/mixing/effecting/transfer/recording utility and ACID is a loop-based song building tool. Both are 'top-drawer'.

Anyone know of some software I can use to make custom sound fx files? :unsure:

Personally, I like to make my own sound effects. Sony's Acid, Adobe Audition and Sony Sound Forge are good recording and mixing programs, and Sony's come with Sound Effect Discs. You can also purchase sound effect CD's from stores, or Sony offers 2 full libraries full or effects that they have made.

But, like i said, for that perfect quality and perfect sound, it's best to make them on your own. If you name off some effects you're trying to acheive, let me know and i can give some ideas on how to create that sound!

If you don't want to pay for an audio editing program, you can download Audacity. It is free and it has some good filters to help you when creating and editing your sound effects.

Also, if you are looking for a relatively low-cost microphone to record sfx from, you could look into a Philips, Samson or Logitech USB mic. They have a nice, clean sound and low noise in general. They usually run between $30 - $50 dollars.

- Michael