Hash, Inc. Forums
Sign in to follow this  
InsanitySurplus

Direct x Export HELP?

Hi, I'm a seasoned vetern when it comes to animation, but I'm pretty new to the gaming world (modeling), and have been trying to figure out how to export a model from Animation:Master so that one would be able to use the model and actions created in AM to be used in DirectX.

Here's an example of the problem:

The model is exported using AMTex, but when the model is imported into DirectX I keep getting this error, "Error 1 Error normalizing vertex bone weights. BoneWeightCollection does not contain any weighting values."

Any ideas?

Hi, I'm a seasoned vetern when it comes to animation, but I'm pretty new to the gaming world (modeling), and have been trying to figure out how to export a model from Animation:Master so that one would be able to use the model and actions created in AM to be used in DirectX.

The model is exported using AMTex, but when the model is imported into DirectX I keep getting this error, "Error 1 Error normalizing vertex bone weights. BoneWeightCollection does not contain any weighting values."

Any ideas?

I am having (maybe) related problems. I am trying to use AMTex, through Fragmotion, to create mesh files for OGRE. It appears that fragmotion is loading the .X file but the resulting mesh in OGRE is quite invisible. There are several variables in my problem, not the least of which is that I am using the unregistered version of fragmotion which may be the problem. Unfortunately, I have not gotten any feedback from the parties involved <_>

Bill

Any ideas?

try turning off bonew weights in the export window. If not that, try an uninstall and reinstall of AM, the Amtex and try again. I have had alot of similar issues that a reinstall fixed miraculously. (Ghost in the machine)