Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

making my first head

totlover

i am just going to post my progress on my parts of a head here.. dont be expecting somthing every day i am just going to get this topic started.

and if anyone has first head models or anything they can post theres as well.

i have started out by showing a nose i have made.

nose.JPG

please comment

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey colin

sorry but i lost connection or somthing to the community...

making the nose was actually fun to make

i will defintely be doing more and more from now on.

you beat me by a mile but i know where to start now so... Thank you.

caleb

Good going so far. The thing about making heads is that now that I have so many it takes me about 10 to 20 minuted to make any of my head because I can just stitch together pieces of heads and bodies to make anything now. Of course I still have to mold and tweak and model some other stuff. BUt for alot of my stuff it's getting to the point where I am sculpting more than modeling.

So keep working and keep making everything :).

Thats a good first ear Tot. Jeff is right. I hardly model faces from scratch unless they are very different from ones I have already. That 40 minute face was painful to start with since I was a little out of practice with "from scratch modelling" But like a bike it came back. Feel free to disect it as you wish. If you see the alien on my avatar. He's actually the cooper model I did but tweaked for about 15 minutes using the distortion cage tool.

Keep up the good work.

Oh and take any criticism with a grain of salt. Everyone started out learning to model and some people still can't model a good ear ;-)

Yes - sorry, shouldn't have been so abrupt. The problem with your ear is that it is patch thin. The shape is fine but you need to model it as you would a head so..........

1. Take the outer edge that you curved out and turn it around the back of the ear and extrude a couple of times.

2. Now take the double layer edge and fold it in to get the 'flap' shape.

3. Complete the inside part of the mesh since you will be attaching the outer part of the mesh to the rest of the head.

I've attached my baby head model that has 'borrowed' ears for you to dissect.

Cheers