Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

New Work - Stylized Female

Epoch

Hey there - long time no type

Finally received some decent time to do my own work again and fired up A:M

This is loosley based off of a character I painted some time ago. Although it is stylized I'd still like to have some feedback on my spline flow especially for the head.

I think I may have too many splines?

I'd like to smooth it out more and of course she will have some here and there tweaks before I add her hair and attire.

Comments most welcome

Thanks

post-4760-1171432405_thumb.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

cfree68f: thanks - I've modified her calves in this new version

KenH: thanks - modified that too

I appreciate the feedback

I modified quite a bit, remodeled some that I didn't quite like...like her feet and a lot of her topology in the face. Also reduced her bust size and did a lot more tweaking here and there. After that - began her clothes.. Here is the current status of her. Shes a maid.. well dressed up as one. A character I painted a long time ago named Misty. I have the cuffs and a collar to model, then I'll begin assigning materials and painting her.

The hair is just a placement for now so that she doesn't look bald while I'm working on her, also getting a general idea of how I want it to look - as she originally had long black hair.

Comments most welcome, let me hear what you think

Thanks

post-4760-1172253237_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

jon & steve392 : thanks , I'm glad you like her progression so far B)

Here is the latest progress. I've finished her high heels, added a bit of tweaking on her uniform. I have also applied a simple rig to her

the hair is closer to its final state, and adjusted her textures. I need to now add a bit of smart skinning to her and also fix that shoulder area thats squaring off.

Speaking of which... has anyone any knowledge as to whether I can manually adjust the falloff that a bone has assigned to its cp weights?

Not by using the envelopes but by selecting and say for instance telling A:M that I want these points to have 50% of this bone affected, and these others here 30% - so on and so forth.

Hope you like her so far... More updates to come soon

post-4760-1174408935_thumb.jpg

jon & steve392 : thanks , I'm glad you like her progression so far B)

has anyone any knowledge as to whether I can manually adjust the falloff that a bone has assigned to its cp weights?

Not by using the envelopes but by selecting and say for instance telling A:M that I want these points to have 50% of this bone affected, and these others here 30% - so on and so forth.

NICE WORK! I really like the hairstyle too!

Shoulders are always a tough spot, I recommend an intermendiary bone and some adjusted CP weights. To answer your inquiry above...YES! You can adjust CP weights anywhere (model, pose,action,chor) simply by grabbing some points, right clicking on them, and choosing the 'adjust CP weights' option. It has an easy interface that does exactly as you asked...meaning you can set the %'s that you want on a CP by CP OR group basis.

I'm working on something along the same lines...(stylized female, that is) a feller can dream...no?

There was great video tutorial made by Hash inc re bone weights... looking, looking...

I found it:

http://www.s1.hashmirror.com/ftp/pub/movies/BobCPWeights.mov

Here is everything that you want to know and more...

btw great lookin' gal! there is something about the form of the upper lip that I would do different... but on the other hand I would do everything different (and uglier, probably)

keep us posted!

Dhar: Down boy!

Thanks for the feedback and link on the CP weighting.. worked like a charm. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

Here are some new shots of her - Fully rigged, although I haven't added any facial morphs.

I'll probably unwrap and texture her next just for the fun of it.

How do you like the hair? I'm also trying to decide whether or not I should keep it or use something more stylized and modeled rather than the dynamic particle based hair...

Feedback welcome of course, and thanks again for the comments thus far B)

post-4760-1174658998_thumb.jpg

post-4760-1174659009_thumb.jpg