Hash, Inc. Forums

Room without a view

KenH

Here's a room I'm making for a game with Alpha 8 Win 2000. I'm having abit of trouble getting it to look good. The current issues are: 1 Shadows within shadows. That can't happen in reality given that there is only one light source. 2 Anomaly in wallpaper which is a decal used on all the walls. There is no spline located there 3 The outline of the table(and shelf) is taking on the colour of the wall under the decal (I have the opacity at 50% to get varying shades on each of the walls) Anyway, that's all for now. Thanks. [img]http://kenheslip_1.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/room.jpg[/img] PS After loading the project it takes an age to save the first time, but then it's back to normal after that. Is there anyway to avoid that?

Hey Ken. You can attach the images rather than using your host. Larger is better. On that wall there may be an interior patch between the inside and outer wall - which could make that anomaly in the decal. The reason I say this is because your geometry is so lean. Delete the traversing splines at the bottom corners and see if it goes away.

Hello. Thanks for the helpful replies. Here's the result of about 1.5 hours tweaking. 1 The shadows are much better now. I didn't want there to be just blackness, so I ended up reducing the size of the light source. Seemed to do the trick. Thanks anyway. 2 I just can't nail this one. I re-decaled it but there seems to be a problem with the angle of the camera. I put a test camera in there looking face onto the wall and it wasn't problematic. 3 I think this was overcome by deleting a "duplicate skin" over that wall. This probably occured when points were grouped in 2 seperate groups? Unfortunately it didn't solve previous problem. Anyway, I'm happier with the look now. Just the wall paper to sort. Also, if anyone has any advice on any other aspect of the pic, I'd welcome it. Thanks.

Edited by KenH