Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

trailer for film

shaunf

I'd be interested in peoples thoughts on the little clip I have posted on my website. I'm currently making a short film for both enjoyment and education, so any feedback on the trailer I have created would be great. [url="http://www.shaunfreeman.com/wip.htm"]trailer link[/url] Click on the 'teaser/trailer' link. Its a 10.4 Mb quicktime file using the On2 Vp3 codec Cheers Shaun Freeman

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Very charming character. :lol: How about if instead of taking the glasses off, he squinted at a "script" and had to put some glasses on? That would be more in line with your "deconstructionist" take on the situation. :) But why VP3? Most people would never detect a difference between this clip and the same compressed to the same file size in QT Sorenson, but they would be more likely to see it play smoothly. If they can even get the codec to work and not everyone does. I think the differences in image quality are very minute. You [b]want[/b] people to see this... don't make it hard for them. ;) I've got a 2.6MHz PC and still, the VP3 that comes across here tends to be very choppy.

Thanks!! The daggy bird dancing is based on my own pathetic dancing skills, so I appreciate all the comments re: his dancing abilities. :D With regards to the compression, I've now uploaded a sorenson 3 codec version. (I just like the On2 compression because the quality of the picture is much better), but you're right, I want people to see it, hence the sorenson 3 version. The link is still the same: [url="http://www.shaunfreeman.com/wip.htm"]http://www.shaunfreeman.com/wip.htm[/url] Shaun

wHHOOOAAAA! Do th funky chicken! The eyes are great and you used them to max effect. A real nice fresh approach and expressive animation. The On2 compression is about the best I have seen so far, guess I'll take a tour of the QT site (again). Congrats mate.

• Hash Fellow

[quote]I've now uploaded a sorenson 3 codec version[/quote] This looks much more promising now that all the frames play :D . Except for a little flicker in the shadow, the sorenson does quite well. I like the little adjustment steps he takes when he shifts his weight. Those are nice touches. But unlike most trailers that completely ruin it by giving the whole story away, you've left us in the dark as to what this thing is really about.