Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Why doesn't my mouth move to the words?

hybrid

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Hybrid - welcome to the forums!

If you are using a character that you made, then you have to set up what the character should do when he says, for example, the letter "O".

In The Art of Animation Master (TaoA:M) book that came with A:M, Exercise 12 goes through how to set up your own lip poses.

Exercise 7 - Can you say that? shows you how to use the dope sheet with KeeKat - he has all his poses already set up. If you have a look at his poses (look at KeeKat in an action window, and View Menu > Pose Sliders), under Face > Lip Sync, you will see all these poses listed.

If you make your own character, then you will need to set up those poses yourself. When you have set up your pose, for example the "M" position, you will call the pose slider "M B P" and when the dope sheet uses those sounds, then it will automatically invoke the pose slider.

I would suggest that the very first thing you do is go through the exercises in TaoA:M - there's a whole forum dedicated to it, and you can upload and show off your results! It will teach you the basics of the important features in A:M.

you didn't think it was gonna be that easy did you

Lol :D - I did when I first started.

I'm learning decalling now, which I thought would be a piece of cake, and I have just realised that it's going to take as much (or more) time to do that as it did to make the model. Much fun, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll tell ya what. Nothing regarding 3d modelling and animation is really easy. It is an art and takes

a lot of dedication. From using several different 3d modelling / animating packages, I can say that

animation master is the easiest and quickest to learn and the only all-inclusive package that doesn't

take 2nd and 3rd mortgages to pay for, lol. Animation in A:M is the best, hands down, compared to ANY

package. Rendering is a bit slower, but then it's really the end result that is important, not the render times.