Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

New work

Hi

I've been checking out alot of the work here and finally decided to post something myself.

This is the first model that I feel is somewhat worth putting on this forum. This is a female character I've been working on for a short film. Crits welcome

face0.jpg

face01.jpg

face04.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the replies. Do u guys notice any trouble spots as far as animation would be concerned? The models gonna be used in an animated short I am working on. This is one of 3 charaters that I will be using. Its been hard trying to get my mind around spline modeling but I am finally getting the hang of it. I was concerned that people would think of the Boondocks when they saw the Afro.

nothing wrong with it looking like the boondocks any show(or cartoon) with a black character and an afro can look like the boondocks,like Pokemon and final fantasy taking every ones idea and having people say "hey is that from Pokemon" or "is that from final fantasy". as long as the characters traits and actions are different then theres no problem...

• 2 weeks later...

This is the second character in the short that I have been working on. I still have alot of tweaking and modeling to do but its turning out ok. edit: I was just showing some friends the male model and they said he looked evil, which wasnt my intent and that his chin looks messed up. That is supposed to be a goatee lol! Maybe I should fix the brow and.......?

Critiques and suggestions welcome.

Thanks

man0.jpg

mrman0.jpg

mrman1.jpg

I really like the exagerated features.

Size variations like this are important in setting your characters apart.

The chin is stylistically unique (which is good) from my experience. I don't have cable TV.

The two characters are stylistically similar too. Very nice.

I'm looking forward to seeing your characters develop.

Still looking good.

The head looks like its not splined to the body.

Is that intentional?

No the head isnt connected I just got lazy and hoped nobody would notice. I guess i will connect it lol. I feel like the face part of the head is to flat lookin, almost like its a mask.

It looks a little spline heavy.

You could probably lose about 1/4 of them.

I feel the same way. I see some of the wireframes that alot of you guys are doing and cant believe that so few splines are being used to get that detail. I'll see where I can delete em and post more pics when I finish the rest of her.

Thanks!

First off Jirard, You're good man! I'm definately liking the style.

The only small thing I see as far as animation is the girls brow, and forehead. You might want to add one more spline for facial gestures and depending on how you texture the forehead. Having so much of the face made up of so few splines is usually asking for trouble when it comes to trying to get certain expressions.

Other than that both models look awesome! You're really starting to make me wish I could've helped you ;-)

Keep it up.

give her some roughness on her hair. it will make it more realistic.

Thanks,

I was thinking of finding a shader for the hair. By roughness you mean tweak the splines?

First off Jirard, You're good man! I'm definately liking the style.

The only small thing I see as far as animation is the girls brow, and forehead. You might want to add one more spline for facial gestures and depending on how you texture the forehead. Having so much of the face made up of so few splines is usually asking for trouble when it comes to trying to get certain expressions.

Other than that both models look awesome! You're really starting to make me wish I could've helped you ;-)

Keep it up.

Thanks I will add that extra spline.

Even without being animated your characters have attitude.

Well designed. The little tweaks you are picking up now will optimize them for animation.

Great job thus far!

Thanks Rodney