Hash, Inc. Forums

Few Lego Models

Leo73

I actually modeled these about a month ago, but with getting involved in TWO, I really put thes aside to work on the film and other stuff. I still have to decal the shutle cockpit, but for the most part am pretty happy with how these came out.

I would love to go back and remodel each piece with beveled edges and maybe someday I will, but for now here they are:

post-2835-1169509498_thumb.jpg

ARC-170 Fighter

post-2835-1169509508_thumb.jpg

Imperial Shuttle

post-2835-1169509518_thumb.jpg

TIE Intercepter

post-2835-1169509525_thumb.jpg

X-wing

As usual crits and comments are welcome. They do seem like they are floating above the ground plane, but they are really sitting on it.

Spot on! Almost looks like they were modeled in Lego Digital Designer.

Was putting the word 'LEGO' on the studs too much?

I'd say the TIE needs some texture on the 2x4 double inverse slope that makes the back of the wing. Either that or some better lighting.

(Mini sets are my fave legos :wub: )

I have never used LDraw/Designer. I mostly just downloaded the instruction books and used the models that I have as references for the actual block size. I eventually will go on to build/model some scale SW vehicles and have a train in mind that I want to do as well.

Thanks. I always loved Legos and the thought of modeling and animating them has always been on my mind. I will get around to it eventually. Also, for each piece I have modeled, I put into a library so that I can use that piece later on if need be.

So much stuff

So little time.

:D

I have done Lego animation before, not with A:M though. If you want, check out my site in my signature for a Lego animation that I did a couple of years ago. The download is kinda large but I have always been told that it was worth it. :D

I like that. :) I wonder, have you used LDraw/Designer? I've done work converting LDraw models to Hash, but the time process of reducing the polygons to Hash Splines is... :shock: Not pretty. ;)

Very well done. :)

You've converted LDraw to AM? I would love to see how that works. (Even if it's not efficient) PM me?

DUDE!!!!! These totally rock!!! I'm a Lego-maniac!!! My wife thinks I'm nuts, but it gives me something to do away from the computer when I feel I need a break.

You should do up a Death Star and Star Destroyer and make a little animation.

Very nice models! I love Lego myself (I had a cubic meter of it when I was young). Have you tried to use AO for lightning, to make the details stand out? Actually I bought me a Lego model just a few weeks ago that I will recreate in A:M when I have some time available, its going to be my next personal project. Looking forward to see more Lego models from you

Stian

Thanks for the compliments again everyone. I want to do some AO lighting eventually, right now I am working on TWO and planning some other stuff. I want to go back and model pieces with beveled edges to help with lighting. I also plan on modeling the Star Destroyer, but not the MINI one. I am going to attempt the full scale collectors version they released. In looking at the instruction booklet online, I have to be very careful about the modeling due in fact to the large scale of pieces involved. The patch counts could and will get out of hand very quickly so I am researching each page and making notes on what pieces I can skimp on detail and which ones I want to go full detail on. I plan to start modeling this one soon.

• 1 year later...

Wow! These models are great! I've always been a HUGE lego fan. I've always had the idea of making a lego mini figure but never got around to it either. You should continue with this project, it looks very promising. :)