Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

A:M in our pipeline.

We are in the process of gathering our sources to create a portfolio. Our company doesn't specialize in 3D stuff. However, we use A:M quite often in our pipeline of work. We hope to have the process finished in a month. I thought I'd share some of those clips.

Here's one, more to come, and eventually the final edit.

CREA_MEDIUM.mov

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The number 12 and his reflection/refraction was created in A:M. The fish is real, but we used a mdl fish to map it properly.

Kind of minimalist, but a lot of stuff we do with A:M are little touch there and there like this. What we try is to do it correctly. This one isn't perfect, but ok and within the budget we had at that time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Everything you've posted are very impressive examples of your work.

You may consider some of them pretty simple but the degree to which you've melded the effects work with live action etc... impressive.

part of a visual environment in a theatrical play kind of project

Intriguing.

• Admin

I had missed your posting of these last three.

Thanks for posting more.

The second one definitely calls out for more info! ;)

One of the things I like most about you have posted is the simplicity in the executed image/animation. No competing or distracting elements just nice design work presented in a clear way. Very nice.

The Meduse clip was one of the clips that was used for a video installation. The idea was to find graphical variation on the "Sea" theme.

This one was done quite some time ago. Special credit also goes to Alain Desrochers for modeling on this one.

MS_Med.mov

Let me guess.

The ribbon had boolien cutters at the front and back ends?

Not on this. It may have been a better option though. This is done with the Snake along Path technique picked from the A.R.M. Multiple bone constrained to a path, with Ease adjust for each one. The path itself is also animated in the Chor to create a bit of floating around.

The next clip was done like 5 years ago I think, in V8.5. It was the very first project I did in A:M, and it is where I met Alain Desrochers who worked on this.

It was created as a project visualization tool. The animations and effects are pretty weak (even laughable) in most part, but it wasn't the focus of the project (not with that budget!).

It won't make it to the final edit either, so here it goes :D

KatPart2.mov

• Admin

Whoa. Previz or otherwise that was quite awesome. I want to see that show! :)

I can only assume this project went on to play in theatrical live action?

Tin Woodman of Oz could sure use your rain effects in the "My Heart is Broken" sequence. :P

How did you do that?

(No... I don't expect you to reveal all your secrets but... I wanna know!)

Tin Woodman of Oz could sure use your rain effects in the "My Heart is Broken" sequence. :P

How did you do that?

That is good old streaks emitter. It was rendered independantly, with all models still there to get collision effect and masking, but showing completely black (lights and textures off). The point was to be able to composite the layers in After Effect, but having control on the rain layer (effect, opacity, etc).

• Admin
That is good old streaks emitter. It was rendered independantly, with all models still there to get collision effect and masking, but showing completely black (lights and textures off). The point was to be able to composite the layers in After Effect, but having control on the rain layer (effect, opacity, etc).

Nice. Thanks for that.

The rain effects from 'Boids of a Feather' were a favorite before (still are) but now I can add yours to the mix.

This is another video installation clip. I made a quick edit of 3 parts of it.

Some of it won't make much sense, because it suppose to interact with real life architecture and object. Also, it may seem slow , but the focus was to create an ambiance on spot.

BBird.mov

• 2 months later...