Hash, Inc. Forums

Proposed Kitchen Design

Gene

Here is a quick job I did for a client who is going to propose some changes to a rather bland kitchen.

I actually did a lot more than they wanted since it was supposed to be just a "sketch", but I think it was worth it.

Comments welcome.

Eugene

post-296-1168734878_thumb.jpg

The new sink looks like it may not work in the position you have it in, it looks like it extends over into the dishwasher space. This seems like it will be a very budget conscious remodel, is there enough for tiling the whole wall? What kind of countertop will go in there? If possible, get one that has no backsplash and then create one with tile. I did this with a kitchen remodel and the client loved it.

Did the top of the window come down in the render, or did the ceiling boarder edges go up? Either way, that microwave would be quite small.

What about just a washable red paint for the walls instead of red tile? It would be less expensive, faster to apply, and would get you relatively the same effect as the tile would.

Actually, the idea here was that my client wanted to show that different designs were possible and something bold was necessary. I don't have the whole story, but my guess is that he needs to convince the clients that there are other possibilities.

I didn't have any other reference materials except for some rough dimensions. I was given a lot of creative freedom too...in fact, all of it.

My client loved the red tiles and I went with a small sink because there wasn't enough real estate for a double sink. I was told at the beginning not to worry about budget or anything like that, so I just went with whatever felt right.

Thanks for the comments!

E