Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Unnamed guy WIP

zacktaich

I'm really getting used to the A:M modeling tools. I literally whipped up this model (made in 2 hours). It's not perfect, it's not finished but it's a start. I could tweak for weeks now but I've limited myself to another 2-3 hours (spread out over a couple of days) of point tweaking. Then I'll texture and rig and maybe add a body along the way. I used no reference, therefore if you tell me it's porportions off I will tell you that it was a stylistic choice (lol).

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could delete some splines. I see one ring around the lips that could be removed but other than that most of them have some effect on the shape of the nose, mouth, or cheeks. Thanks! I'll see what I can do if anyone has any suggestions they would be highly aprecciated. Homeslice: your stuff is an inspiration to all A:M users. You still gotta post those statues on CGTalk. Tell us all when you do. I'm tired but I'll work on this more tomorrow from like 5-7.

That's remarkable. You're progressing a lot with your skills. One thing that makes me chuckle is the three point patch with the hook in it- AM11 handles that with aplomb, apperently, but earlier versions would make that part stick out with some crease or something.

Thanks Francois - little tiny update: I took out some splines, the shape looks no different but the mesh looks a lot lighter (even though I only got rid of two splines). I don't see much more tweaking to do, all I have to do is model those darn ears and maybe some teeth. who knows about that though. I developed a little bit of a technique during modeling this that allowed me to both follow some of the basic facial structure, and to increase modeling speed a lot. The basic gist is that almost everything is made up of very careful extrusions, and very few actual splines were lain. I'm sure other people use this method but because I saw no tutorial on anything similar on the arm, I'm considering writing a tutorial.