Hash, Inc. Forums

Super Mario Film

Nunsofamerica

i will try beveling the castle later i have a tennis tournament tomorrow and then friday i have to go to the orthodontist and then saturday i have to get up at 8 and go take the ACT test and then later that night i am going to prom and after prom and i will be up all night til prolly like 6 in the morning so i prolly won't start on the castle til next week.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went ahead and worked on the castle some there is still some stuff that needs to be done as you can tell umm.... i just added the color to show the model up better. black mage send me the mushroom with the wings and i will add it to the castle. personally i think that this model is a lot better than the older one i think that the roof could be fixed but i don't know here is the updated castle

post-10457-1176355064_thumb.jpg

i went ahead and worked on the castle some there is still some stuff that needs to be done as you can tell umm.... i just added the color to show the model up better. black mage send me the mushroom with the wings and i will add it to the castle. personally i think that this model is a lot better than the older one i think that the roof could be fixed but i don't know here is the updated castle

you beveled some things that you shouldn't. for instance, some of the roofs aren't connected to the walls. you might just have to delete and connect. also it looks a bit too beveled to me, the edges are way too big...try expanding some of the patches...personally the way i drew it was so that it didn't need to be beveled....maybe some pars but not all of it...i tried to keep it simple to model....just squares and triangles, with some exceptions. one thing that could help is booleans...ever hear of them? you can use that for the mushroom hallway...you can also use the other drawing i made before i made the roto as a reference too. and like i said i intended the castle to be simple to model....i don't really think beveling is necessary...

Mage, Beveling is very much neccesary. (sp?) I think the castle looked great. we will continue from the gold part by adding things

well if thats the case, your going about it all wrong....all that needs to be done is the side walls....simply having two splines to a edge should be enough to smooth out the corners to your tastes. the wall to roof doesn't need to be doubled. you can pretty much do that with the first version of the model...if it helps i would gladly do it my self....

I think he's doing a great job with the castle and we shouldn't take that away from him

btw, if any1 wants to get mario done I don't mind, I still got a bit more then a week before I can continue my work

ok i am redoing the castle sicne last time it didn't get saved right but i am going to fix the roof this time to where it looks betters ummmm.... i will try and put the new mushroom up there and am going to add some texture to it should i put some gold on the castle????

ok here is the new castle that i had to redo i put mage's mushroom on the top but the wings keep saying that it is an invalid file so i don't know but here it is i hope that you all like it!! i will put the flags and other stuff in later but tell me how to do a boolean are there any tutorials????

post-10457-1176766142_thumb.jpg

here is another update on the castle i think it is coming along very nicely!!! hope that you like it even more than the first one be thinking on how you want this to be textured. black_mage, you need to send the wings again try it as a model because everytime i try to open them they say that the file is invalid

post-10457-1176769640_thumb.jpg

here is the updated castle textured if you don't like it let me know, the bridge and door still needs to be modeled i have a very good idea for this i will surprise you. umm.... i need decals for the flags on the castle and the flags for the ones on the towers and i need one for the triangle on the roof i added a moat and ground as you can tell. i will be gone tomorrow, thursday, and friday will be back on saturday. HOPE THAT YOU LIKE THE NEW CASTLE!!!!

sorry but that moat wont work, water does not round up over the ground lol....

i like the color of the castle, it still needs some work, the pillar things on the corners weren't hanging and were connected to the corner, try finishing the castle before you put it in an environment, if you "do" do the environment make it a separate model.

yeah didn't i have that in the drawing(the first one),and i didn't send the material with it? i'll have to do it tomorrow, second as of the wings simply put them in the chor.(short for choreography) and just position the wings on the castle. to add the second wing the put the same coordinates and add a negative next to number of the coordinates if needed, this is a cheap way to flip the wings over perfectly. the wing material is working right?

i'll be on the community tomorrow for any questions and also i'm gonna link lighting and rendering set-up you guys can use for the move, its basically a good reference... i'll link it when i'm done.

Listen, i know progress has been slow lately for this project. My idea is from now on we should start a new forum dedicated to this film like the kind mage was mentioning earlier in this topic. This project needs to be organized. The castle is turning out great but that's all we've been talking for the past week or more. It needs to be in a separate WIP along with everything else. If we started a new forum, we could have separate WIPs for every character, every scene, every object, etc. Progress would be so much faster. Also, if we had topics that had to do with planning, we could come of with new ideas much faster without the occasional post that turns this entire topic in another direction.

Just stating my opinion.

Update!

The door:

post-8837-1176921036_thumb.jpg

A revamped sink corner:

post-8837-1176921075_thumb.jpg

Do you like the purple? The only thing I think I'm missing is some sort of cabinet door(decal or otherwise) for under the sink. And maybe a trashcan.

I'm stumped on the ceiling and the lighting.

Critiques?

More texturing on the sign?