Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Super Mario Film

Nunsofamerica

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man this stinks, whats going on?

Not to sure what my problem is. Its just odd that i tried to fire up the community an it frooze as well. Whats even odder for me is when i dont like something ive started an i close it down an select new project, After it asks me if i want to save it an i say no. The whole program closes down on me.. :angry:

bummer. Well thats alright. Atleast we can still use A:M

Depending on what DSL you have there are a few things you can do. You can turn it into hybernate mode off of the DSL box. ( atleast on my old one you could) This will stop all internet traffic from going into your modem. You can go into your firewall an block traffic thru that, Nortons it would be labeled lock an unlock.. This will still allow you the same thing as unplugging the cord from the computer or box.

I think you need to try one of these an then go into your community options an uncheck the remember name an password box, That should stop you from automatically logging into it. An freezing up the program..

Well here is the sound for Take 4, which is the one I will be doing.... Most likely... if everything goes as planned and It doesn't end up sucking... lol.

There will be subtitles. Its about a bomb-omb and a koopa coming across the spiny upside down. They are saying "is it alive?" then bomb kicks it over, it jumps up and attacks the koopa which goes with the scream at the end.

The_Sound_for_4.wav

yo yo! an update and a pair of queries.

post-8837-1175366573_thumb.jpg

post-8837-1175366613_thumb.jpg

All that's left are the toilets. The back wall looks kinda bare though. Should I go for a diaper changing table?

I'm stuck on how to texture it though. It's turning into a nice looking bathroom, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get that "mario" look in there. Any ideas?

And as for the take this is in. If it's not placed in stone, I think you could do it with sound effects. Might be less crude that way. Something like this:

{Luigi walks into stall}

{stall door closes}

"Zzzip" (zipper)

"dur dur durt" (coming up pipe noise)

"WHOA!" (Mario)

"MARIOOOO!" (Luigi)

The bottom two can be(and are, if you can find them) official sounds.

Just my $7.38 worth.

very nice. I like the way its turning out. Hopefully I will get to Yahoo message you today. I could point out a few things.

As for texture. I was thinking... warm colored Marble for walls and floor. with reflectivity... and for the stalls and toilets and stuff, have it be a nice white color. very shiny/

As for sound... we sorta have it covered. The plan is... mario jumps into pipe, luigi is going to the bathroom. the camera will switch between them. then mario will "Uh oh" then splat.

here is the progress on the castle so far.... this is just the roof of the castle the part on the front is princess peach's picture going to go on there

i will try and put the wings on the mushroom just to see what they will look like

post-10457-1175404581_thumb.jpg

Here is the Castle!!! I hope that you all like it!! I have my fingers crossed! I am going to try and get somebody that can texture really well, and ask them to do it as a favor. HOPE YOU LIKE IT!!!!!!

P.S. This is as best as I can do. For right now anyways.

post-10457-1175831809_thumb.jpg

Yeah, that's what I though. The corners shouldn't be peeked because it is too square. But, if you add smooth, the shape would look strange. You would have to smooth it and ass some splines to make the corners look better.

But it does look good! I know that you aren't very experimented but you kept the "cartoon style" from the picture.

and wasn't there supposed to be a river surrounding the castle?

Also, I'm starting my final exams in 2 weeks so, in 3 weeks, I will be done. I'll work on mario then.

i really like that baby changing table chrury!

how would i bevel the sides of the castle without redoing the whole thing

HEY I GOT RUNNER-UP (2ND) AT MY TENNIS TOURNAMENT TODAY!! THE TEAM PLACED 1ST. YIPPEE!!!!

how would i bevel the sides of the castle without redoing the whole thing

First, if you haven't already, check out Yves' beveling tut/explanation. Link

But to bevel without redoing! That takes some work. Here are a pair of way I get the job done.

#1 The extruder:

Here I have a cube.

post-8837-1175951931_thumb.jpg

First, I extrude the sides that will have the bevel.

post-8837-1175951736_thumb.jpg

Next is where the beveling starts. I connect the extrusions like so:

post-8837-1175952412_thumb.jpg

Notice the hanging splines? The extruded section will sometimes want to attach the wrong spine. Add a hanging spline or two to make sure the spline you want rounded is getting the attachment.

Then you select your extrusions (one at a time) and translate them in towards the original shape. Here I have already moved two of them:

post-8837-1175952428_thumb.jpg

And the last one. How does that look? :cool:

post-8837-1175952475_thumb.jpg

post-8837-1175952457_thumb.jpg

We could stop there but there are some extra CPs and splines in there. See them? That's the original shape. To be more efficient render wise, they should be DELETED!

post-8837-1175952571_thumb.jpg

Then just break any left over internal splines.

Viola!

I'll get to the 2nd way in a bit. Hope it helps!

Chrury

well here is a different castle i didn't bevel anything i just tryed the smooth in some areas personally i think it looks kinda neat, but if you guys don't like it that is okay plus if you don't i am going to hand it over to somebody who will bevel it there is no way that i am going to start all the way over on this thing. plus it would prolly look a lot better if it was textured just right i added the color just so it would show up better plus i added a moat not the best one ever but i just threw it together at the last minute so whatever here is the castle are we almost to rigging yet nuns?

post-10457-1176017419_thumb.jpg