Hash, Inc. Forums

Super Mario Film

Nunsofamerica

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No update yet. Very busy for the next week:

exam monday on Structural Analyse and exam Thursday on mechanic of fluids. I'm sure you get it by the names.

Then, friday, I'm going to the US (since I'm in quebec city, it's a long trip) for a civil engeneering steel bridge competition in Connecticut.

I'll see if I can work a bit on mario but don't expect much

I thought of an idea. Someone can model the landscape around Princess Peach's Castle. There are some good reference pictures on page 49 of this topic. I think it's a good idea because people will see the movie and realize that some of the scenes look like mario 64. Anyways, it has a good variety of terrain and seeing as though the trees have been made and the castle is being worked on, making a replica of that area shouldn't be too out of the way.

Edit: I like the tree. That's what gave me the idea.

well the modeling of the castle got turned over to me and i gladly took it. totlover had done a bit of the modeling and i finished it off. here is an update of what i have so far. the only thing left to model on it is the flags. i am also going to try and texture this castle by myself. if i can't, i will turn it over to somebody that can. hope you like it. this was the toughest model i have ever done

post-10457-1173599868_thumb.jpg

The castle is nice but you missed some details the princess' castle should have.

take a look at some reference pîctures.

see the 4 towers around the castle, they stop where the water usually come...

and flags

anyway, great start

post-8345-1173621527_thumb.jpg

nonono I'm talking about the www.crumblenet.com site....

but thats just me...i'm kinda a perfectionist, its just not appealing to me...is the the site html?

and i have another question, why is the site title crumblenet.com?

i mean no offense, its an opinion don't be mad...

A bit thrown together? :blink: I am sorry, but the layout in my opinion is much neater and more appealing than yours. :unsure: but I guess we have dif. opinions on things :lol:

As a student graphics designer I can tell you that http://www.crumblenet.com/ is a site in need of redesign. It is lacking a steady theme. Here are my suggestions.

1: Text Size: Keep it universal for example: ' why Subscribe To Nunsofamerica on youtube? ' is far to long for a graphical text title. It Should be more like ' On Youtube ' or something that draws the user in quickly and effectively. Then in that section have a clear link to the youtube page (ex. http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=nunsofamerica ) Also, it would be better if you had a Mario Film specific youtube, not that I don't like seeing snowdays ;).

2: Fonts: Your Sub Font is NEVER bigger then Intro font, example:

Bad Way:

Welcome To CrumbleNet

WOW!

The about us page is now up and working. check out the workers!

Good Way:

Welcome To CrumbleNet

WOW!

Next, no one will take you seriously if you site is grammatically incorrect. After periods you MUST capitalize.

SHOULD BE

The 'About Us' page is now up and working. Check out our members!

'About Us' should link to the 'About Us' page. Try never to use double words, such as working and workers. Members/Staff/Team is much better then workers.

3: Navigation: This is a big problem for the site. Navigation MUST be left side or top, no one wants to have to scroll down to find the navigation. Bottom navigation is optional, but the first thing you want people to notice is that they have a choice where to go.

4: Boarders: The page has major problems with this. At first glance it looks like you have a top boarder, a bottom boarder and just EVERYTHING in between

|__________| Current Site Layout

|__________|

|__________|

|__________|

|__________|

|__________|

|__BANNER_| Suggested Site Layout

|=navigation=|

|_|Updates|_|

|_|_______|_|

|_|_______|_|

|_|_______|_|

|=navigation=|

|___________|

If that doesn't make since I will whip up an example. Basically you need to define where a section ends and the next begins, otherwise the user will get lost.

5: Ease on self: This is important, never do things like 'Picture of the week' instead make it 'Picture of the moment'. This way people don't expect to see a new image every week, just to be let down if it doesn't change. If you don't update that weekly then people begin to think you are lazy or a dead film, they leave and never return.

I'll end it there, all I have done here is stated the problems, suggested fixes, given examples. Please take the criticisms in a constructive manor and decide if you want to look deeper into them. The site works as it is, just sloppy.

i am going to suggest that you manually apply the decals where the open for the entrance. The bricks arent put like that. lol

and that the area in the entrance have a doorway and that that area is also decaled.

The Picture of Peach also needs to be more visible. Or the part where it is located bigger so that you dont have to resize the decal in an awkward form.

also resize the bottoms of the cone things because they arent hanging over the sides on pictures.

-Caleb-

ok i can do all of that but the picture of princess peach in the first place isn't clear at all no matter how big or small you make it i need somebody to make a good decal of it so that there is no other color surrounding the portrait of her the one you gave me totlover it had black surrounding her picture and i had to fix that but it still doesn't look good

black mage on that spiral website which one should i use for the roof tell me and i will put that on there

totlove do you have any good door decals for the door and what do the flags look like on each of the towers are they all just a red color or are there designs on them?

hey if you want a forum on the super mario movie site you could use free webs free forum, its not too bad..it actualy quite good.. i made a test one here...i don't think i'm gonna addit to my site because my site doesn't really need one...

EDIT:oops i changed the address when i changed the forum name, heres the new one here

About the castle:

Why don't you model windows and flags? It would look a lot better than decals

Here is a picture of what I was saying about the 4 towers that aren't like the actual castle

post-8345-1173708581_thumb.jpg