Super Mario Film

Nunsofamerica

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I hate copy/flip/attach.

what am I doing wrong?

I know I can simply copy paste then flip the x but there should be an automatic way

post-8345-1171251689_thumb.jpg

PS, dont laugh at me lol

LOLOLOL! Oh.. sorry. No it's nothing to laugh at. Simply move the body to center of the X and right on the y axis Line. If you know what I mean.

QUOTE(tido @ Feb 11 2007, 08:42 PM)

Man, I hate copy/flip/attach.

what am I doing wrong?

I know I can simply copy paste then flip the x but there should be an automatic way

PS, dont laugh at me lol

LOLOLOL! Oh.. sorry. No it's nothing to laugh at. Simply move the body to center of the X and right on the y axis Line. If you know what I mean.

And if that doesn't work, you can 'select all' in front view and rotate it 90 degrees (counterclock-wise in your case). Then Copy-flip-attach and rotate back.

Things to work on for luigi:

1.Increase the size of the buttons

2.Make the mouth posable

3.Replace the hands

4.Make the eyes spherical

5.Make shoulders

6.Curve the legs

for luigi, Take mairos head, change the hat green, change the mustache to luigi's and Shabam. you got the head

Actually, that head is the head I made and gave to Deathstar so he could try to fix some problems with it.

I saw he completly redid the mouth, moved the ears a bit, created eyes and maybe some other things but I would rather say it is our model and not his model...

and... what did you do to the mustache? On pictures, it is black and not shaped that way...

Edit: Why aren't the ears still round? mario is a character with round ears. Well it may depend of the image we chose...

Actually, that head is the head I made and gave to Deathstar so he could try to fix some problems with it.

I saw he completly redid the mouth, moved the ears a bit, created eyes and maybe some other things but I would rather say it is our model and not his model...

and... what did you do to the mustache? On pictures, it is black and not shaped that way...

I agree, tido. his mustache is odly mishappen.

you know what i think....maybe you should make that into Luigi's head too, that way they would look similar than completely different, you know what i mean. tido can model Luigi's and Mario's body and you do the head...

Thats a good idea, but I think we should still use the body of "J's" luigi model. he was doing a good job on it. he just needs to tweak a bit

take 2: test 1

This is right before he would start talking his lines.

dodge.mov

particles turned off so 3 seconds wouldn't take all night to render

The eyes need some more smart-skinning. I'll work on that.

Main points here:

-How's the timing?

-Does anyone know a better way for the camera shake? It's when Mario hits the ground.

In a related note, I can't find the 'repeat' command for actions. I've looked where it should be (action properties) but it has misplaced itself. any ideas?

Oh! What will be the finished movies resolution?

you know what i think....maybe you should make that into Luigi's head too, that way they would look similar than completely different, you know what i mean. tido can model Luigi's and Mario's body and you do the head...

i would be open to working on Luigi's head.

What i would like to do is give the mario head model back to Tido and have him make the Luigi head from it. i don't think Luigi's head is that different in detail from mario, it just needs some stretching and sculpting.

Edit: Why aren't the ears still round? mario is a character with round ears. Well it may depend of the image we chose...

The reason i changed the mustache to brown was so i could see the shape better while i modeled. It will end up being very dark brown.

Criticism noted on the mustache...i will revert it to Tido's original shape. i wonder what i was looking at?

Changes that still need to happen are : The cheeks need to be fatter. the eyes smaller. the nose and chin smoother. At that point i think it will be ready to go back to Tido

i would be open to working on Luigi's head.

What i would like to do is give the mario head model back to Tido and have him make the Luigi head from it. i don't think Luigi's head is that different in detail from mario, it just needs some stretching and sculpting.

Well, just take mario's head, make it thinner, and give him a longer nose really. but. it would be great if you could do it deathstar. thanks.

C'mon I must have done something wrong. Are there really no comments? :lol:

Talking test: For such a simple character, this was how I thought he should talk. Ala 'Paper Mario'

gtalktest.mov

Does he need lip poses?

Let me know if you don't like it.

The shy-guy would've had his walk cycle almost done (minus smart-skinning) but 'paste mirrored' isn't working for some reason.

Talking test: For such a simple character, this was how I thought he should talk. Ala 'Paper Mario'

gtalktest.mov

Does he need lip poses?

The shy-guy would've had his walk cycle almost done (minus smart-skinning) but 'paste mirrored' isn't working for some reason.

I think that the mouth movement is ok. i would have gone for a slightly more realistic jaw movement rather than scaling the whole head. When you open your mouth it's really only the lower jaw that opens.

gtalktest.mov

Does he need lip poses?

wonnderful job chris. very much like paper mario. thats a wonderful game. wouldn't change a thing.

This, is a test. lol

I think that the mouth movement is ok. i would have gone for a slightly more realistic jaw movement rather than scaling the whole head. When you open your mouth it's really only the lower jaw that opens.

As he is just a head, there is almost no where for his jaw to go! :D So it can't be quite like our mouths.

I get going on his lines.

Only a small update today. My computer got taken over when I usually do my AM work. :angry: I might just have to animate in the mornings if this keeps up.

Which do you prefer;

The chalkboard coming from the top?

boarddown.mov

Or the side?

boardside.mov

(careful, they're quick)

Of course, if you have another direction you'd like me to try (or if something's bugging you) feel free to let me know.

EDIT: I have no idea where that sound came from. I had the dialog muted too... :huh:

Only a small update today. My computer got taken over when I usually do my AM work. :angry: I might just have to animate in the mornings if this keeps up.

Which do you prefer;

boarddown.mov

Or the side?

boardside.mov

(careful, they're quick)

Of course, if you have another direction you'd like me to try (or if something's bugging you) feel free to let me know.

EDIT: I have no idea where that sound came from. I had the dialog muted too... :huh:

you are doing a excelent job chrury

Which do you prefer;

boarddown.mov

Or the side?

boardside.mov

(careful, they're quick)

very good, I would say the board coming from the sky, but it needs a new sound. like a boom! when it hits

Take 3 is being written up at this time. it will involve shyguy. more of a take to express emotion without words (because Shyguy cant talk). This will need to be taken on by someone who has a talent to fitting music to "moves". lol. So there wont be much of a script. I will explain to who ever wishes to take it on.