Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

black dots showing up in the render

FMSonic

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you post the material settings of the surface on which the black dots show? I have had a problem like that when I created complex materials with very small scaled bump. There where black and red dots showing in multipass render, but not from every angle. One time I created a material like that and the whole surface and some pixels around it turned black. I was kinda busy back then so I didn't report it. Maybe it is time for a report now.

I had the same problem using Darktree materials, at first no one knew what is was and there was no fix for it but if you are using darktree materials turn off thier reflectivity and then give it a go. if you are using a complex darktree this will casue some issues.

jimmy1.png

I notice it when I use the multi-pass renderer too. It doesn't show up when I use the A-buffer at all.

The outer rim of the skateboard has just a diffuse color with a reflectivity value of 100%.

The group on the inside has a diffuse color, and an ambiance intensity of 100% and material setting is set to a Sine turbulance.

The first attribute has diffuse, ambiance, and specular colors, ambiance is set to 40%, specular size is set to 78.38%, and it has a roughness of 20%.

The second attribute has diffuse, ambiance, and specular colors, ambiance is set to 50%, specular size is set to 100%.

What's the size of your model and scale in the choreography? I'm not sure, but one thing I noticed having this problem is that in only occurred (in my case) when an object / matrial scale gets to small.

An other thing you can try is to create a new material; extern, in the materials folder in the pws and link it to your surface. Delete the old material. That worked for me once.

I had similar problems, if I remember it right:

I believe a description is, using too many maps and map-types on the same part of the model.

It could also have been a particular map like displacement set too high and mapped on a fine a detailed and sharp-edge of the model.

Hope this helps...

Niels

[EDIT] I also remembered alot of multipasses didn't 'make it go away' :)