Hash, Inc. Forums

This is my "neww" character, I've seen other peoples original characters and i thought i should make my own. it took me a while to come up with him, but basically i just started think things up. things like "arms? how about 4...no that wont work...just 2...nah forget the arms." then things like "if hes not gonna talk why give him a mouth?". i drew him and gave have him i hole in his head then i figured hey, hes a key chain. then i modeled him the next day. :P

post-8313-1168197086_thumb.jpg

Once I'm done smart skinning him I'll be make a scene with him, I'm sure your all like it. I've also been having fun with his expressions, since he has no mouth i have to work with only the eyes. i have a whole sheet full of eye expressions I'll post them later. ;)

Dude.. thats really freaky, I was thinking the exact same thing the other day.

I thought that every one seemed to have thier own character, and i wanted to model one to represent me.

So I modeled this guy:

post-9147-1168208655_thumb.jpg

I drew him in my science notebook, then moodleled him. hehe.

Dont want to steal your thread, so I think I'll make a new Wip thread for him.

anyway,

I like your character. But somthing about the eyes bug me. I think the metal ring, would look better if it was a spiral, so you kan put things on it.

But other than that, it looks great.

-dude

Actually it is, you just can't tell from the image. And yup, same thoughts every one has there own character so i had to have mine. his eyes aren't intended to be happy nor sad, it more like a.....um.....nonchalant look(couldn't think of the word lol).

i like your character, weird how we both thought of the same kind of look, maybe we could make a video of them both together lol.

hey dark i think i might top you number of post soon lol ^_^.

New render that much smoother, the other render didn't have porcelain.

post-8313-1168294463_thumb.jpg

also hes completely done smart skinning :D , you'll see some new poses and expressions soon. and i'll start posting info on the still i'm working on.

first question does anyone know a good wat to model key? i was planing on using lots of boolean cutters to get the keys shape.

not sure what kind of key you were planning but I did a quick google and got a picture ,made a path in PS around it, exported as ai file, used ai wizard in AM and got a key...actual two one with and one with out bevel

key0.jpg

project file includes picture ai file and project file

keys.zip

easier the boolean

can use these but the keys i ment are like normal very day keys, and when i try to boolean i make the keys shape then extrude it to get the width and extrude again to get the rest of the cube, bat after that i render and the cube is all cut up!

EDIT: the prj file doesn't work for my version, i have v12+.

post-8313-1168312009.jpg

get me a scan of a key or two and I'll make you an ia file

the one i included should work even in 12

new model right click wizard ia import ia file select stuff in box you now have a key model

• 1 month later...