Hash, Inc. Forums

Welcome A:M Users!

Rodney

• Admin

Hi Guy!

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Its okay to lurk... really it is. I did that a few years myself.

But its oh so much more fun to join in and make you presence known. (as you've just done)

If nothing else it reminds everyone here their efforts are appreciated.

Every day I log in to the A:M Forum someone gives me more good reasons to continue on.

You said it well and I wholeheartedly agree, "You guys rock!" :)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

Im Jeff, I live in London UK, I've just downloaded A:M on my MacBook and having fun looking around. I'm very new to all this and I have no experience at all in animation. So this is really hard to get my head around but I'm getting there, lol

I would love to know if there is anyone in the UK (London) that could show me how to do things as i find it a bit hard to use the downloaded manual and video tutorials and then try to remember what to do when i open the A:M program.

Anyway I'm trying and my results are ok so far and I'm having fun.

Cheers

Jeff

Hi, my name's Daniel Finlay. I've been into improv comedy for years and have felt like exploring animation lately. I've read most of "Animator's Survival Guide," and have begun "The Illusion of Life." I've been pretty lazy about posting so far, so although I've tried my hand at all of the Tao:AM tutorials, I haven't posted my results on any of them... Anyway, I want to be less of a lurker because I see how much other users are learning by posting about where they are in the learning process.

I just received the AM DVD library in the mail, because I have some animation ideas, but my interest really lies in animating, not so much in modeling. I had a blast doing the "Stuck Door" tutorial:

http://gallery.me.com/somniac#100220

Anyways, I'll hopefully start working on this idea during the next few weeks, and I should have questions along then.

One question, kindof a plea: Does anyone have actor models to share that already have facial-poses? So far I was thinking of using the "Jason" cartoon actor off the DVD, but I'm on the fence between making his facial poses from scratch or just using one of the stock characters. Any help would be awesome, although I suppose rigging my own faces would be a good experience anyways.

• Hash Fellow
Hi, my name's Daniel Finlay.

Welcome to A:M!

I've been into improv comedy for years and have felt like exploring animation lately.
That sounds like a great background.

I just received the AM DVD library in the mail, because I have some animation ideas, but my interest really lies in animating, not so much in modeling. I had a blast doing the "Stuck Door" tutorial:

That turned out pretty well!

One question, kindof a plea: Does anyone have actor models to share that already have facial-poses?

you mean as opposed to facial controls? Probably not. You didn't want to use someone else's lazy-ass smile pose anyway, did you?

• Hash Fellow

B)-->

QUOTE(Jeff B @ Oct 5 2008, 05:55 AM) 283417[/snapback]
Hi all

Im Jeff, I live in London UK,

Welcome to A:M, Jeff!

i find it a bit hard to use the downloaded manual and video tutorials and then try to remember what to do when i open the A:M program.
you can pause those videos, ya know... ;)

Another option is to print out pages of the tut you are working on if you don't like screen flipping.

you mean as opposed to facial controls? Probably not. You didn't want to use someone else's lazy-ass smile pose anyway, did you?

That's a good point. I'll think of it as more of the acting experience, I guess once I've storyboarded a bit I'll know just what moments I'm posing for.

Thanks for the quick reply! I can see how regular participation here could feel like a mentor over shoulder.

Here's a more interesting question for you: I want to have an LCD-watch style screen in an animation. How would you do that? Would you map a movie of the digital readout ticking, or is there a cool way to do that within A:M?

Oh hell, I'll pitch my idea (although I should figure out where pitches really go in this forum):

A guy stopped at a red light (traffic light model pending) notices the gas station next to him (thanks DVD!) has a new digital gas-price sign (like I just asked about). He initially sighs at the current gas price, but then the numbers begin to change- for the best!

So, despite his half tank of gas, he pulls into the station, and just as he pulls the nozzle up to the engine, the price ticks up twenty cents, then down five, then down another five, he lingers in supsense.

Suddenly the price rapidly increases. He concedes his loss, gets in his car, and begins to drive off. As we see his POV driving away, the sign begins to tick down again.

(I think you can see the game here, involving some kind of lapse of driving out and back in. It's going to require some precise timing and storyboarding, but the animation could be relatively simple, like face shifting expressions, driving, maybe a hand grabbing the stick-shift, and of course the gas price board).

The short would culminate in a western-style showdown, with the guy holding the gas pump, staring down the price board, determined to wait its high price out. Day turns to night, night turns to day.

Haggard and distressed, he pouts, gets frustrated, and angrily begins to drive off, only to run out of gas. Fin.

So I asked the question I foresaw, and I'll naturally welcome any further insights into how I might make this experience occur, easily, and for the final product to be best. Thanks a ton for reading.

One question, kindof a plea: Does anyone have actor models to share that already have facial-poses? So far I was thinking of using the "Jason" cartoon actor off the DVD, but I'm on the fence between making his facial poses from scratch or just using one of the stock characters. Any help would be awesome, although I suppose rigging my own faces would be a good experience anyways.

Squetchy Sam is completely rigged, including facial Poses...he's free to use for anything you want.

Making and rigging your own characters is really the way to go, that way you get exactly what you want. Until you get to that point, Sam might be helpful to you.

• Hash Fellow
Here's a more interesting question for you: I want to have an LCD-watch style screen in an animation. How would you do that? Would you map a movie of the digital readout ticking, or is there a cool way to do that within A:M?

I'd create an image sequence of this display in a paint program, going from lowest price to highest price, and apply that sequence as a decal to your sign.

In your chor you can control the displayed frame of an image sequence. It would be easy to make it go up-down-up-down as needed for your story. And easy to revise the timing of that as you refine your animation.

Hm. I hit the wrong key and the reply got dumped mid-post. If this winds up being screwy, sorry about that.

Danf, you can lurk, but don't. Not using this forum is like living next to a library and never going in.

Another way to do the sign is to use 7-segment digits. Name each segment in the Project Work Space and turn it on and off by toggling its transparency. You can make the segments glow to make them more realistic. This is a more direct method than RC's, but more laborious as it's 100% manual, keyframe by keyframe. RC's method is more complicated but I think it's a better way if you're up to it.

• 3 months later...

This is more a re-introducting...my name's Bob, been using AM since 99. Using v11ot now.Been out of the loop for a few years now. Having a few problems getting back into this since I threw it back on my PC. The community window can not connect. Any one else have this problem? My internet access is fine, I'm running it on XP SP2. If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong just let me know...it keeps saying it can not find server to connect.

Also looking for any tuts or direction onmodeling & animating a vine which grows from the ground and wraps around an object...if anyone knows a tut, please lead the way. Anyone know when A.R.M. will be back up??

It's good to be back...although the site and forum layout is sure different.

Thanks, Bob

• Admin

Hey Bob welcome back! :)

Anyone know when A.R.M. will be back up??

I don't think it will.

Social networking is all the rage these days and it looks like we're stuck right smack dab in the middle of it.

If you post a question here in the forum you'll get links, discussions and more than you care to know about any topic of interest. That's not the A.R.M. but it works pretty well.

I'll spare you the hard sell on upgrading (but you need to do just that!).

While a work of art, v10 does not even begin to compare to what is available in the current release.

Do yourself a favor and subscribe to A:M 2009 for $79. You'll be so very glad you did.

It'll do a lot more than just fix your Community connection! :)

When working with others who have had community window login problems in A:M in the past I've had the most success telling people to create a new Community login. Abandon the old login and register a new login. If you can't get far enough to register a login its most likely software/hardware interferring with your connection (antivirus, virtual drives, emulation software etc). Some of this can be a little hard to track down if you don't know what you've got installed.

Welcome back Bob! :)

• Admin

The loss of anything familiar can be rough.

Heck... when Sherwood's forest went away I was in shock and it was being replaced by the A.R.M.

But to everything there is a season? A time to every purpose under heaven?

Yeah, that 'old old scripture and song routine.

In time the A.R.M. will return in one form or another. Some say its already here in the A:M Forum.

Time will tell just how true that is.

The next iteration of the A.R.M. can never be the same if Vern isn't manipulating all those dials and levers behind the scenes. That's one of the things that made it truly unique. Its hard to separate the artist from their art. Not impossible... but hard.

In 2009 we may not have access to the A.R.M. but by gosh and by golly... we've got Bob! :)

• Hash Fellow
This is more a re-introducting...my name's Bob, been using AM since 99....

Also looking for any tuts or direction onmodeling & animating a vine which grows from the ground and wraps around an object...if anyone knows a tut, please lead the way.

Welcome back to A:M!

vine tut:

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?s=&am...st&p=292370

Hello everyone.

My name is Robert and I am new to animation. My interest is in training sports officials.

I am not an artist nor programmer but I can drag and click and delete with the best of them.

A:M seems to be the best animation program for the money I have come across.

The tutorials that I have seen so far are great. I received v15d and have looked at it briefly and

already see a lot of hours (addiction) ahead.

I do and will appreciate all of the help and direction I can get from the forum.

The journey begins.

ref

Hello and Welcome to the New Users forum!

Our goal here is to provide help and support for those working their way through Hash Inc's manual; The Art of Animation:Master .

Animator Tony White stated in his recently published book; From Pencils to Pixels:

What particularly impresses me about this program is its manual. Unlike all the other software manuals, this one actually speaks to you with the soul of an animator, not a techie. It is a perfect starting place for the aspiring young animator who, for relatively little cost, can one day make their Hollywood dreams come true.

We encourage everyone to take advantage of the resources at your disposal.

Post your exericises in the TaoA:M forum. You'll learn from the experience and feedback you get. You'll have a whole lot of fun! :)

The entire community of A:M users is here for you. They'll guide and encourage you as you explore the world of animation as only they can.

Remember we are all in this learning process together.

Everyone starts out as a beginner, so don't be shy. You'll soon see how amazing the A:M Community really is.

In case you didn't already know:

So what are you waiting for?

Don't spend your life lurking!

Introduce or reintroduce yourself to the A:M Community and find out why purchasing Animation:Master was such a really great idea.

Welcome to the A:M Community!

You've definitely come to the right place.

(These introductions continued from December 2006)

Hey there I am very new at this and was needing some one to help me with learning how to get started. I dont even understand how to post things yet so I am hoping this is the right way to do it. Please respond to this to let me know if I got it or not. What I am looking foris some one to help guid me through making a room filled with stuff. Thank you

Hi, my name's Daniel Finlay. I've been into improv comedy for years and have felt like exploring animation lately. I've read most of "Animator's Survival Guide," and have begun "The Illusion of Life." I've been pretty lazy about posting so far, so although I've tried my hand at all of the Tao:AM tutorials, I haven't posted my results on any of them... Anyway, I want to be less of a lurker because I see how much other users are learning by posting about where they are in the learning process.

Anyways, I'll hopefully start working on this idea during the next few weeks, and I should have questions along then.

• Admin
I am new at this and really just looking for someone to help me learn how to do some things in AM so if you would reply maybe we can learn together

Rodney, you have definitely come to the right place. :)

A room full of stuff eh?

You've been reading my mind haven't you?

If you are up to the task perhaps we can discuss it here:

A Room Full of Stuff

Hello all. My name is Rob Tracy, I write a web comic called "Remedy." I've also done some work with animation in the past, or rather I worked on a project where animation was done. I wrote the script and voice acted one of the main characters for "Halo: Unyielding Part II."

www.halounyielding.com

I recall the animation for that was arduous (we recreated ships from the Halo game and also created new ones that were never in the Halo universe). It took over a year to make the one episode. We were nominated for a Mackie (Machinima Award) for technical achievement.

So you can imagine how surprised I was at seeing the demo for this at NY Comic Con yesterday. I've got a lot of questions. I'd love to animate my web comic characters and I hope it's something this program can help me with.

I'm pretty familiar with Photoshop although I've never been great with it. I'm very familiar with Premier Pro (version 1.5) as I've used it on Machinima projects of my own. I'm also pretty familiar with Sonar as I've been using it since version 2XL and I'm on version 5 now (Haven't upgraded to seven yet.... might soon... six wasn't worth the upgrade cost).

So now that I've introduced myself, where is the best place to ask questions. My immiediate ones have to do with intellectual property rights for the included models with the program and commercial uses of the program. Specifically, if I want to use the program to make short videos of my webcomic characters and sell them am I in any danger of getting sued if I use models/textures/backgrounds or whatever from this program.

Thanks for any help you can offer. You can message me here, I'm always available at rob@remedialcomics.com , my aim which I am sometimes on but not always is quikthnkr117 and my twitter is remedialrob.

Hi,

My name is James Richardson and I am an Assistant Professor of New Media Technology at LaGuardia Community College. I am totally new to AM. I recently purchased AM because I am in charge of developing a 3D modeling and Animation program for the college and wanted to investigate various software packages. We are looking at the whole range of software. Everything from Maya to Blender. Animation Master seems to be the right mix of functionality, performance and cost. The one downside that I see is that the need for a software dongle/disk the use of the software in a computer lab environment might not be practical for most institutions. Other than that, the AM seems great and I look forward to using it in some of my own productions.

• Admin

Hi James (Mr. Richardson!).

I'll offer some thoughts but I think the folks at Hash Inc can assist you better.

They know more about installations in school labs and such.

If I was designing a school from scratch I'd consider charging a lab fee that would cover the cost of installing A:M on each students laptop and require those laptops to be used in class. The lab fee would cover the additional installations of A:M running in the classroom/lab with optimal settings for teacher presentations and peer-to-peer student interactive use.

Designing a curriculum from scratch has some distinct advantages.

Not to be a pest but does anyone know the best place to ask questions about the commercial use of the assets included in the program... and also I've noticed that in the first lesson there are some things that simply aren't there or are out of place in comparison to the version of the program I am using (for example it says to turn anti-aliasing on and it simply doesn't exist). Any help would be appreciated.

• Admin
Not to be a pest but does anyone know the best place to ask questions about the commercial use of the assets included in the program... and also I've noticed that in the first lesson there are some things that simply aren't there or are out of place in comparison to the version of the program I am using (for example it says to turn anti-aliasing on and it simply doesn't exist). Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry for the delay.

I saw your query but haven't had time to respond.

Commercial use of the assets included in the program.

General Information

All assets may be used freely for commerical and non commercial use without restriction except as defined as documented with the resource. Look in the File Info properties of the resource and in the folder where the asset is found for more information.

Financial and Creative support

Resources made available took considerable time to develop and were donated to the A:M Community.

While not required, crediting the author or creator of the resource used will always be appreciated.

Should you find commercial success remember those whose work assisted you in the effort.

Extend a word of thanks or consider supporting their efforts as well.

Exceptions

There will be obvious exceptions to fair use with some content and it is recommended that all resources be modified.

This will let others know your effort is derivative and not meerly a copy of their work.

The more modification the less it will rely on the orginal work.

Proper credit for most modified resources is "Thanks for the Inspiration".

• Admin
and also I've noticed that in the first lesson there are some things that simply aren't there or are out of place in comparison to the version of the program I am using (for example it says to turn anti-aliasing on and it simply doesn't exist). Any help would be appreciated.

I had completely forgot about that anti-aliasing thingy.

Robert Holmen had to remind me that anti-aliasing is now a Post Effect.

For the purposes of the Exercises you won't need to use that option.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi and thanks for this area.

So this all started with a friend and her voice. (she sounds like a cartoon charactor)

I told her this a few weeks ago. As we talked we decided to script a cartoon and see if we could make it for the kids in our extended family. (My Nephew, her cousins)

I am a musician by trade, with a recording studio. (where we will do all the voice overs.)

So I started looking for animation software. (which was a chore and a half!)

I found a free software called "Truespace" which had a video course on how to use the software, but I found that the stuff he was doing on the software did work for me. So I decided to keep looking for software.

I found that a lot of reviews for A:M were really positive especially for beginners. So I did a search on where I could buy it.

I saw that a local film producer was selling his copy for $150.00. on craigslist. So I called and bought it.

The only thing: he didn't have the book for it.

I was a bit weary of buying the software without it's manual, but he let me take the software home and load it up, and he even gave me the extra's DVD. So I did purchase it.

So I have it loaded went online to find help and came across a tutorial for modeling people. I tried following the steps.

I was doing fine, but I couldn't get the body off of the Green Axes.

I don't even want to model people. I want to model fish. (the cartoon that we are doing is about three fish... Not Nemo! LOL)

I started looking for a tutorial on how to model fish and I couldn't find one.

I spent the whole weekend trying to model a fish without any luck.

One of the main charactors in the cartoon is named "B-Boy" (named after my nephew - Brendan)

The drawing I have in my profile picture, is "B-Boy". (the fish)

So if anyone can help with fish modeling, I would be forever in your debt!! (Well, maybe not forever... But I'd sure like you a whole lot!!)

PS: I love this software. It seem's really user friendly. I think once I get over a couple of hurdles I'll be off to the races.

Also: I saw the fish that the user: "thefreshestever" did for your A:M Project. That's what I'm looking for a tutorial on.

Thanks.

Ben.

post-12637-1235972160.png

. . .The only thing: he didn't have the book for it.

I was a bit weary of buying the software without it's manual, but he let me take the software home and load it up, and he even gave me the extra's DVD. So I did purchase it. . .

Howdy and welcome, Ben28!

Not sure about a fish tutorial, but some of the more knowledgeable ones around here might be able to help you on that.

Regarding documentation, be sure to read this thread: http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27379

You'll find some introductions from the real masters here, and the second post gives you links to downloadable versions (in .pdf form) of "The Art of Animation: Master" manual (filled with tutorials), as well as the more technical reference manual. There are also samples and videos of the exercises available. You'll also learn a lot just reading these forums.

That's a great looking fish!

. . .The only thing: he didn't have the book for it.

I was a bit weary of buying the software without it's manual, but he let me take the software home and load it up, and he even gave me the extra's DVD. So I did purchase it. . .

Howdy and welcome, Ben28!

Not sure about a fish tutorial, but some of the more knowledgeable ones around here might be able to help you on that.

Regarding documentation, be sure to read this thread: http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27379

You'll find some introductions from the real masters here, and the second post gives you links to downloadable versions (in .pdf form) of "The Art of Animation: Master" manual (filled with tutorials), as well as the more technical reference manual. There are also samples and videos of the exercises available. You'll also learn a lot just reading these forums.

That's a great looking fish!

GizmoMkI,

Thanks for the link, I'll check that out.

I like that fish too.

I just hope I can do him justice in the 3D part.

You will definately be seeing and hearing more from me.

I think I'm gonna be a lifer!

This stuff is fun!

Ben.

• Admin
I saw that a local film producer was selling his copy for $150.00. on craigslist. So I called and bought it.

The only thing: he didn't have the book for it.

I was a bit weary of buying the software without it's manual, but he let me take the software home and load it up, and he even gave me the extra's DVD. So I did purchase it.

I'd say this guy railroaded you and the makers of A:M but... what else is there to say.

If he was going to pass it on he should have passed it on for free.

Budget for a websubscription ($79) at the earliest chance you get.

That'll keep you in good stead with the makers of A:M. They appreciate our support.

I'm excited for you.

Welcome to the A:M Forum! :)

P.S. I know what you mean about perfect character voices.

I knew a girl a few years ago with one of the most perfect cartoon voices for a cute character I'd ever heard. I never could get her to take me serious when I'd suggest she should look into voice acting though. Most people just made fun of her high voice.

Nice to meet you Rodney.

I know that the company lost money on the deal.

The way I look at it, they have gained someone who will actually put their software to good use.

Also, what is a web subscription? Subscription to what?

Is it like an online magazine where they keep me updated on their new products and such?

My friends voice is awesome.

I can't wait to start building my charactors and the scene back grounds.

I'm excited too.

• Admin
Also, what is a web subscription? Subscription to what?

Is it like an online magazine where they keep me updated on their new products and such?

Its a little like an online magazine subscription but not entirely.

Its exactly the same program you paid for... perhaps more current... for $79.

Many who use Animation:Master subscribe every year.

The websubcription supports Hash Inc in their development efforts and helps keep A:M available at a reasonable price for everyone. Before we had to purchase the $299 CD first... then upgrade. Now everyone can get A:M for $79. The websubscription cuts these unscrupulous middlemen and those that take advantage of new users out of the equation entirely.

I've noted more than a few companies are moving to this subscription model.

For instance, after a beta cycle, the just released Celtx Studios v2, online project management suite, expects to go to a $50 per year subscription. I expect other companies will follow suit as this business model represents a considerable savings in development, distribution and support to the company as well as the customer.

Note: I'm not trying to sell you Celtx here. Note: It is very much free. ;)

The part that is following the subscription model is for Celtx Studio for content management and online storage. If you are looking for scriptwriting and storytelling program though... check out Celtx.

Rodney,

Sounds good!

You had me at "unscrupulous middlemen" !! LOL

Yeah, I'll forsure get one of the websubscriptions.

Are you an animator or a web tech-forum janitor who answer's all the questions?

Whatever the case, I've gotten over a couple of my hurdles and am really starting to love this software.

When I finish a few of my charactors and I figure out how one post's pics of them, I'll post some.

PS: the online video tutorials are awesome. I finished the leaf and now am heading to the next one. I hope they show me how to attach fins and eye's and such!

Thanks for answering my questions.

Ben.

• Admin

I'm a wannabe cartoonist from my days of youth that took a fateful turn toward animation.

I'm not an animator as much as a student of animation. Here in the forum I get to learn new things every day.

The whole idea of animation, the process, the production, the history and the people facinates me. Helping others reach their goals here in the A:M forum is of particular interest to me.

...and from time to time I sweep the floors and clean the toilets as a forum janitor. ;)

I'm glad you've launched into the tutorials as you have.

You'll be animating with the best of them in no time.

I can say from experience that Rodney is a better animator than most of the people in this forum... And if you exceed Rodney's expertise then Robert (robcat) has been known to help someone who's struggling and there's darn few animators better than him.

Once you've done the modelling tutorials, you'll have no problems attaching fins & eyes and such. The main thing with spline modelling is, you're using paths instead of pieces. A spline has to start somewhere specific and end somewhere specific. There are rules about how many splines can end at a control point and so on. Once you have those firmly in mind, it's a snap.

Speaking of fish, A:M is aimed specifically at animating organic objects. Once splines are joined, it's not like the parts are "attached" - they flow naturally, as in real life, and once rigged, they move naturally. It often takes a lot of tweaking to get fully natural movement, if that matters to you, but by starting with A:M and spline modelling you are like a sprinter whose starting position is halfway down the track.

If you intend to make and animate primarily organic models, the person who sold you an outdated disc for too much may have done you a favor anyway, by directing you to A:M.

I can say from experience that Rodney is a better animator than most of the people in this forum... And if you exceed Rodney's expertise then Robert (robcat) has been known to help someone who's struggling and there's darn few animators better than him.

That's awesome!

I hope to get that good someday soon.

I am really greatful to all of the animators who are giving me advise.

I didn't mean anything bad by asking if Rodney was an "animator or a web forum janitor"... It's just nice to get to know people and maybe try and find some of their creations on line. I get inspired that way.

So in no way was that meant as a put-down. (Maybe I should have worded it better! Sorry Rodney)

I'm guessing Martin, you are the admin... and creator of Hash?

Nice to meet you!

You have a wonderful product here.

I'm really enjoying it so far!

Ben.

• Admin
I didn't mean anything bad by asking if Rodney was an "animator or a web forum janitor"... It's just nice to get to know people and maybe try and find some of their creations on line. I get inspired that way.

So in no way was that meant as a put-down. (Maybe I should have worded it better! Sorry Rodney)

I didn't take it that way.

I've known some pretty seriously talented janitors!

(a few janitors even worked their way up the ranks at Disney to become high falutin' animators!)

I have to say, the work I am most proud of is demonstrated in what others produce.

I've been fortunate to see some rise from not knowing how to save a file to... being high falutin' animators! Hopefully they are highly skilled at saving files too! ;)

Make no mistake though.

Mine is a very small contribution if we keep everything in perspective .

Considering what Martin Hash and those he has inspired have done for artists and animators throughout the world my piddly ways don't even begin to compare.

I do consider it an honor to be associated with such remarkably talented people.

Thats an honor I can contently go to my grave with.

This then would be my challenge to you.

Always remember where you came from.

If you have to choose between being an animator and being a janitor... be both.

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another Newbie say ing hello for the first time, acuired A:M at Wondercon, but live in UK.

Having furn with the maual toontorials, particularly loving the foibles, just taken about 2 hours trying to work out why it wouldn't allow key frames.

Did find out in the course of researching that there is a couple of software updates that have been released, since my CD was burnt.

Anyway it looks like lots of fun, if I could only see over the top of the learning curve.

Moth

• Admin
Anyway it looks like lots of fun, if I could only see over the top of the learning curve.

Hang in there.

While animating is a lifetime experience learning the basics of Animation:Master should take you about one month. The key is to draw on the combined experiences of others.

As an introduction to that experience you'll find the manual gets right into it. It looks like you've already found that out. Asking questions and seeking feedback here in the forum will get your through the rough spots.

Like a moth to flame... looks like you've got the animation bug.

Welcome to the A:M Forums!

Hey folks.

I've been away for a bit, and have come back to the forums. My other name was Tralfaz, but am now going by Chopper Al. Played around a bit (when I could find some free time) with some other modelling packages, but I was always comparing them to A:M. So, A:M is the only way to go! Only problem, is I forgot how to do things in A:M, so will be starting back at ground zero and re-doing the tutorials again to get me back up and running.

Missed you folks, and it is good to be back...

Al

• Hash Fellow
Hey folks.

I've been away for a bit, and have come back to the forums. My other name was Tralfaz, but am now going by Chopper Al. Played around a bit (when I could find some free time) with some other modelling packages, but I was always comparing them to A:M. So, A:M is the only way to go! Only problem, is I forgot how to do things in A:M, so will be starting back at ground zero and re-doing the tutorials again to get me back up and running.

Missed you folks, and it is good to be back...

Al

Welcome back! Did you know you're still a Hash Fellow as Tralfaz?

Thanks Rodney and robcat.

I started popping in a couple of weeks ago, and did notice I was still in the Hash Fellows group. That is how I found out the TWO was completed and on YouTube. It turned out pretty good and sent Martin an e-mail about it.

As I mentioned, I was playing around with a couple of other modelling programs, but they just didn't hold a candle to A:M. Life is still pretty hectic with work and family life, but I want to become familiar with A:M again. Still have a couple of movie ideas I want to do when some time frees up.

Thanks again...

Al

Welcome back, and welcome everyone that has joined. I'm going to try to make more time to hit up the forums so i will see more of you online!

Oh and any forums admin's at my level or above feel free to edit any of my posts for spelling and grammar at any time to keep me looking smart!

Welcome back, and welcome everyone that has joined. I'm going to try to make more time to hit up the forums so i will see more of you online!

Oh and any forums admin's at my level or above feel free to edit any of my posts for spelling and grammar at any time to keep me looking smart!

Great to hear that Jason :)

And of course: Welcome back Tralfaz... :)

(okayokay...Chopper AI)

See you

*Fuchur*