Hash, Inc. Forums

Peugeot 307 - New render

Xtaz

Hi hashers .....

I used the Peugeot that I modeled in november to do some tests whit HDRI ....

the result is here....

city.jpg

Comments are welcome... as always .....

Very nice. I'd say the one thing that kinda bugs me is the ground, esp. where the tiles get bigger and fuzzier towards the camera. The ground should be in focus at least where the car lies, and maybe closer to the camera, depending on the camera's depth of field effect you're trying to simulate. So, let's pretend you shot this. From some basic photography knowledge:

If you used an aperature of f11 or higher, everything would be pretty much in focus, from in front of the camera to the building.

For an f-stop of 8 or lower, and you focused on the car, then the background and foreground would be slightly out of focus from the 8, and more so with lower f-stops (wider lens opening).

Also, is the ground supposed to be the same color as the background plate, or is that more of a beige sidewalk?

A: The car is stunning, esp. the reflections and the lighting.

B: Fine tune the ground and dof, and it should look like a real photograph.

Thanks Masters...

Thank you very much Greg for all tips ....

where the tiles get bigger and fuzzier towards the camera.

This is my major problem in this image ....

I used one sphere to simulate enviroment, this sphere have a projection map material ( hdri ).

I needed to use the native ground model to apply the shadows... the ideal would be to use the front projection target, but this option only works with rotoscope. I tried to use shadow only optio/ Shadows buffer but it seems doesnt work with GC or IBL .... THEN i aplied a decal in the native ground and used it ...

Is there way to solve my problem ???? How do i do to set native ground just to receive shadows using IBL ???

Thank you again ... your comments are quite important.....