Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Z-arc Model File

raillard

Hello folks.

I'd like to share a model file that I made. The purpose of this model is to create an on-screen motion arc, so that you can refine the swing of your character's limbs. It's an animation aid, in other words.

Here's how to use it: On frame 0 drag and drop the Z-arc model as an action object into your Action file.

If you're working in Choreography, just drop it into the Cho. Apply a Translate To constraint to the little bone floating above the floor (name of bone = Zarc the lad). Dab the eyedropper onto the bone of the body part of your character whose movement you'd like to refine. As you advance through your animation, Zarc will follow the limb. The lad will leave a 2 second long "contrail" spline.

Hope this is as useful to you as it is to me!

Sincerely,

Carl Raillard

Oh, here is a mov file to show how it looks like. I constrained Zarc to my character's left hand, but I really wanted to follow the swing of the sword. Hence, after I applied the Translate To constraint, I just translated the lad to the tip of the sword (adding offsets to the constraint). This is useful methodology; just move the little guy to where ever you want the arc to originate.

After you are done refining the movement, delete Zarc.

Sincerely,

Carl Raillard

Z_arc.mdl

zarc.mov

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello folks.

I'd like to share a model file that I made. The purpose of this model is to create an on-screen motion arc, so that you can refine the swing of your character's limbs. It's an animation aid, in other words.

Here's how to use it: On frame 0 drag and drop the Z-arc model as an action object into your Action file.

If you're working in Choreography, just drop it into the Cho. Apply a Translate To constraint to the little bone floating above the floor (name of bone = Zarc the lad). Dab the eyedropper onto the bone of the body part of your character whose movement you'd like to refine. As you advance through your animation, Zarc will follow the limb. The lad will leave a 2 second long "contrail" spline.

Hope this is as useful to you as it is to me!

Sincerely,

Carl Raillard

Oh, here is a mov file to show how it looks like. I constrained Zarc to my character's left hand, but I really wanted to follow the swing of the sword. Hence, after I applied the Translate To constraint, I just translated the lad to the tip of the sword (adding offsets to the constraint). This is useful methodology; just move the little guy to where ever you want the arc to originate.

After you are done refining the movement, delete Zarc.

Sincerely,

Carl Raillard

Excellent, What an elegant solution!