Hash, Inc. Forums

Formula from BPM to FPS

C-grid

Thanks Neils.

It would be nice if the BMP ws posted somewhere along with the songs. Is this information already available somewhere. I know tht when I worked with Woot's "I want to be an adventurr" song, I had to stopwatch it.

Also, what about adjusting the BPM of the songs so that it falls nicely on 24th of second?

It would be nice if the BPM ws posted somewhere along with the songs.

I will post tomorrow all BPM's of all songs.

I know tht when I worked with Woot's "I want to be an adventurr" song, I had to stopwatch it.

There's a way to calculate the BPM taking the number of samples between two beats and using a formula with the appropriate samplerate.

Also, what about adjusting the BPM of the songs so that it falls nicely on 24th of second?

24fps does equals a constant tempo X, tempo's that could be used would stuck at X*multiplier.

Of course there's little room, working with 12th frames.

One has several options though:

- Make a repetitive dummy-action,p.a. beat=13.39, ActionFrames=13, setting the cyclelength to 13.39 gives a sort of music-bar-timeline ergo where to start on the beat.

- An other option is don't change tempo, change the framerate and render with the right step.

Niels.

Would it be possible to load a song into something like Sony's Acid software and have it determine the beats per minute?

I remember the existence of such automated beat-calculation but it will function best with loud beat or beat-samples, the more standard way is having the wave displayed, make 2 markers or the right selection and tell the software to do a beat-calculation.

I am not familiar with Acid.

Niels

A metronome wav-file can be helpful, maybe something for the f(e)uture to implement a (midi/audio) metronome...

This is all good stuff!

I love all your compositions, Niels, and look forward to hearing all the other composer's, and performer's, work when it is released to us.

Can you explain what, "p.a", stands for, please? I understand what you are saying but I'm just intrigued to know what it stands for . :)

Thanks.

Is there a more clearer expression to use instead of 'p.a.', that you know of?

If you want to say "for example" then one can use the abbreviation:

e.g. = for example = comes from the latin "exempliar gratis" - I am not exactly sure of the latin derivation.

or sometimes you can use

i.e. = id est (latin) = that is. Or meaning "that is to say"

E.g., if one needs to say something a little clearer, i.e., then one usually can phrase it differently.

EDIT:(I just noticed itsjustme post - I type too slow, i.e, actually I think too slow, well, ...actually he cheated - he looked it up)

I found this..."for example"="e.g." (exempli Gratia), "that is"="i.e." (id est). I always wondered where they came from...sometimes the Internet is cool. I just threw in the "i.e." because it was also mentioned on the link.

The BPM and FPS attracted me to this topic. But you guys sadden me when you leave the topic and start to act like Latin students. It only takes one person to distract from the topic and you all follow.

Most of the people that bought the soft ware would like to get the most out of it. I like most people spend hours trying to figure the relevance of most topics on this forum. If people don't know the answer to a problem they should say so or say nothing.

The whole forum should be cleared of relevant information. a good 95% of the forums are littered with garbage or information people could pass privately. Information on aspects of the software are the reasons people come to the forum. I have personally learnt a lot from Animation Master v10.5 and v12. I was going to add to the debate on sound but I found it pointless as it would not follow on from the nonsense before hand.

And some of you guys that make video tutorial need to listen to you stuff cause most of it is repetitive and just plane boring . Either you repeat one explanation so many times and omit other explanations and speak too fast. tack note

Nemo me impune lacessit. :lol:

Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus.

Thanks for making it a party everyone!

But seriously yardie, part of what I love about this forum is the personalities of the contributors.

This group by nature are story tellers and conversationalists. It's a big part of being an animator.

Try to enjoy it. You'll feel a lot better.

Nemo me impune lacessit. :lol:

Thanks for making it a party everyone!

well the party has began somewhere else see for your self what happens when software engineers push themselves to get a result without waffle. For around $2450 you can get software that has lasers hardware attached to your computer that can scan small and complex objects like aerosol cans or mobile phone and reproduce the results as a 3d model in your computer. The software also recreates all the material and fine detail of the object. Most new people to 3d graphics I guess would go for the new software and laugh at the slow trail and error methods. I love making models and animation but I have come to believe if you want to successful then you have to use what ever software that you can get your hands on to do the job. Having said that I rate AM above other CG software. The only problem is the with AM is the pages of repetitive information in it help files. They are many times when I look up a word and the explanation does not really relate to what I want to know.

ResonantChamber.wmv

Your mother was a cricket & your father regurgitates Bacardi & Sambuca ?

Sorry Niels - Yardie has a point - but I could't resist. I figured the harm is already done.

Maybe we need a Party Section added to the Forum?

Sorry if I added to the "noise", Yardie...I was answering a question. In my opinion, it was harmless. I have also found that I have learned things from random mentions that people have made, so not everything off-topic is useless. Does answering the same question ten or twelve times count as noise? I've done that with a lot of my posts...I should probably curb that, huh?

Sorry if I added to the "noise", Yardie...I was answering a question. In my opinion, it was harmless. I have also found that I have learned things from random mentions that people have made, so not everything off-topic is useless. Does answering the same question ten or twelve times count as noise? I've done that with a lot of my posts...I should probably curb that, huh?

My anger was not personal but I am glad you saw my point we all make noise we are not aware of.

Does answering the same question ten or twelve times count as noise?

Only if the answer isn't been transported :)

It does make a difference from whom an answer is coming but yet telling truth could reside in all.

Niels

If only all the philosophy you guys are pumping out could be digital converted to do something useful.

Maybe I should go back to programing and set up the forum so people have got the choice of getting notification to answers that are useful. The Internet is loaded with chat rooms and forums dedicated to people playing out drama. When I get tired of the drama I come to this kind of forum and the programming ones to exercise my mind and learn new things. I all so know what it is like to have successfully accomplished something complex in with CG software. One is very keen to show of there results. But when it comes to describing the steps taken to achieve the results most people don't have a clue and will waffle as if everyone listening is on the same page as them. Then one becomes real lazy and will not continue to develop the creation further until someone points out how much it sucks on it's own. @ this point some people come back with anger. Try going for a week without a bath and see how you react when you are reminded by someone you don't know.

The same sadly is true for most of the west world. Most people do some kind of job for a living but explaining the step required to complete a task can be a very painful process.

Most Employers often complain they can't find good workers or workers that will stay in the company. I my experience I have found most of these employers have communication problems when it comes to explaining the job. And to me the biggest cause problems in the world right now is human communication. Overloaded with information and spoiled with possessions the human mind has become lazy and is incapable of solving simple problems and if left along to long the simple problems become major

If only all the philosophy you guys are pumping out could be digital converted to do something useful.

Wisdom hath say nothing and a prophet hath known.

Maybe I should go back to programing and set up the forum so people have got the choice of getting notification to answers that are useful.

Who will decide such a thing, will there be an extra icon(s) who judged the usefulness at what time. I could advise you the search-engine, that gives a line-up. The forum isn't a book, and the realtime catalog capabilities are way-off, as the catalog-rules are mostly too. We could talk e.g. assembly if you want, but that would be real off-topic.

The Internet is loaded with chat rooms and forums dedicated to people playing out drama. When I get tired of the drama I come to this kind of forum and the programming ones to exercise my mind and learn new things.

Maybe this could be your idea for an animation-film.

Try going for a week without a bath and see how you react when you are reminded by someone you don't know.

Depends on the cause what took me waiting to finally take one.

The same sadly is true for most of the west world. Most people do some kind of job for a living but explaining the step required to complete a task can be a very painful process.

Most Employers often complain they can't find good workers or workers that will stay in the company. I my experience I have found most of these employers have communication problems when it comes to explaining the job. And to me the biggest cause problems in the world right now is human communication. Overloaded with information and spoiled with possessions the human mind has become lazy and is incapable of solving simple problems and if left along to long the simple problems become major

Sad, very sad, 'drama' you called it earlier, you also must be having far more wisdom than GOD.

Niels

• Admin

Right! And there are some interesting blogs on the subject of timing and music in animation too.

For instance:

Understanding Timing in Animation

There are three other parts to that discussion:

Part I

Part II

Part III

Part IV

There's even better stuff out there.

I especially like the ones from early animation.

There are a lot of old Bar Sheets becoming available.

They provide some great insight into the creation process of animation with regard to music.

Media Musical Timing Rediscovered

and other animator/enthusiasts have taken note:

Bar sheets from the Rudy Ising directed short “Shuffle Off To Buffalo.”

or how about:

Mr. Duck Steps Out

*Note the calculator on the right side of that last blog. You can convert frames to feet, field sizes (Disney and Acme) and Beat to Metronome. Interesting.

And here is a nice Ken Harris interview by Richard Williams on Timing for Animation:

http://www.packthecat.com/PersistenceOfVis...sInterview.html

Very good finds there Rodney.

I find it funny that a topic about BPM to FPS ended up with that post with in-depth coverage of music, beat, timing and animation thanks to a little bit of noise.

Noise is a very good thing to help get fresh views onto something. This reminds me of works I did on recurrent neural-networks seeral years ago. Those are neural-networks that can learn grammars, that is temporal phenomenas that follow a set of temporally dependent rules. Those networks, while learning a string, tended to get caught into loops and never discover the "truth" about the string unless we injected some noise in them. Without the injection of noise, they tend to keep turning around attractors that are not fully developed and satisfying solutions.

Like when, ourselves, get caught into a loop in our attempts to find solutions to a problem. Going outside to take a walk can freshen out ideas and help discover fresh new approaches for a new solution.

So noise can, indeed, lead to music. But it requires human intervention.

Right! And there are some interesting blogs on the subject of timing and music in animation too.

And here is a nice Ken Harris interview by Richard Williams on Timing for Animation:

http://www.packthecat.com/PersistenceOfVis...sInterview.html

Thanks Rodney. It looks like you have pointed me in the right direction

[attachmentid=23218]

scratch.gif

Most of people nowadays drive with a blinded shield, they can't get focus in zenith, don't really care much for the signs and they believe the point one is, has got to be the right perspective to go on 'their' way but one missed the fundamental startingpoint behind one and the one in zenith. Learning, understanding, adapting and execute with scheduled retrace and zenith-perspective, although the schedule must stay the update time will grow.

Niels.

ps.

Would it be wise and is it time for a human-machine?