Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Root bone wont stay with model

JohnnyB

I'm using the walking ball model from the uberABC bootcamp forum. I ran the ball off the screen from left to right. Then I tried to turn him around and found that his/her main shortcut bone had been left behind. It doesn't move with the physical ball. The ball rotates around the bone as its center in a wide arc, then the program crashes.

Anybody know what's going on? And how to fix it. :blink:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no clue why it would crash, do you hit the undo a lot?

Also, when you say root bone, are you referring to a bone that someone added and named root

or are you referring to the default bone model that is in every model upon creation?

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

no clue why it would crash, do you hit the undo a lot?

Also, when you say root bone, are you referring to a bone that someone added and named root

or are you referring to the default bone model that is in every model upon creation?

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

The default bone model. I'm not as concerned about the crashing as about getting the bone to stay with the model.

You don't need to be concerned with the model bone staying with the model. When you animated the ball, you probably used other bones that are attached to the cps of the model, so you need to use those bones to animate the ball back. For the most part, the model bone acts as a reference point for the other bones in the model.

You don't need to be concerned with the model bone staying with the model. When you animated the ball, you probably used other bones that are attached to the cps of the model, so you need to use those bones to animate the ball back. For the most part, the model bone acts as a reference point for the other bones in the model.

Aha! OK. I'm using the nulls for the feet and body to move the model. So, if I want to turn it around I have to use those same bones. Got it. :rolleyes:

What bone are you using to move the ball? You should be using the model bone.....if you want it to stay with the model.

Ken- See above. I didn't use the model bone to move the model. Learned a lot from you two guys. Got it. Thank you! :)