Hash, Inc. Forums
case

TOQUE AND A:M

:) hello hello ;-] whats going on so can am and toque work together like if i created a chicken in A:M and then i wanted to put it into to torque as in make a game using the same chicken is it possible at all???

Yes!

Thanks to Chris Roy, at Obsidian Games, you can export dts files directly from A:M to Torque. You need to scale your models down to 1% of their original size before you start animating and then they must be rotated within a bounding box before exporting.

Get more details from the TWO Game forums.

Particularly: THIS thread.

And a link to Obsidian Games' AM Xdts Plus page.

:( so do you have to have that plugin the last link or can you work around it

THIS IS A HUGE fAVOR BUT DOES ANYONE HAVE THE SETUP FILE TORQE THAT THEY COULD EMAIL TO ME SO I COULD INSTALL IT??? :blink::huh:

connor112case@aol.com

THIS IS A HUGE fAVOR BUT DOES ANYONE HAVE THE SETUP FILE TORQE THAT THEY COULD EMAIL TO ME SO I COULD INSTALL IT???

Are you asking to steal it?

Martin got a trick if i say ill be sewed lol WEll in a way yes in a way no :huh:

you make this hard martin

ARE THEY COMPATIBLE WITH ANIMATION MASTER!!!

Any game engine that can use ".X" files will definitely work (using the Obsidian plugin)...I know there is an exporter from Animation Master to the Genesis game engine. I think Arthur Walasek had the Genesis exporter here, but the link isn't working for me at the moment. I have the exporter for v13 on my drive if you need it.

Hope that helps.

-----------------------------

EDIT

-----------------------------

I just got the link to Arthur's site to work, so, it's still there.

:P SO od you know any others that compatible with that type of files! :lol:

Case-ster...

You may be within an inch of being 'removed' from this forum... you just asked a guy who makes his living from selling software if he would help you download some...

There are LOADS of sites out there dedicated to helping the 'underprivelidged' gain access to state of the art software... this is definately not one of them.

Good luck!

:P LOL figured that out got a pm ill shut up now/ BACK to what was going on i think torque is more well defined than genesis i mean they made halo the start of an amazing game series with that programm

torque.jpg

TO GENISIS HERE

Bmp7.jpg

THIS IS A DIFFRENCE IN WHAT I THINK IS AMAZING DIFFRENCE but still thanks for the help ive save up $100 dollars and buy torque!

halo_scrn3.jpg

tearing-halo-1.jpg

which you can do almost anything with this little buddy torqe itsjustme thank you you putting up with a 13 year old really sucks especially me!

BY the way torque shaded doom 3 for the xbox 360

9-25-3.jpg

Great things can be done with a lot of different tools, Connor. Just because a particular game is made in Torque, it doesn't mean it couldn't have been made in another game engine. The artists' and programmers' abilities had a lot to do with the end product. Unless your modeling/rigging/texturing/animating/programming is equal to the team that worked on the games you show as examples, don't expect the same results.

Do some research, I think you'll find a free game engine that will get the job done.

--------------------------

EDIT

--------------------------

Here's a list of game engines that includes free ones.

dave theres a problem v12 (scorez or however you spell it) is messed up do you have a version that can work this is wierd and im not getting anywhere! :D

I just got this news letter since I used to play around with making games with torque, but it looks like you can go right to xbox 360,

Torque X

The Torque X Beta is finally here! Today marks the release of Torque X in conjunction with Microsoft's XNA Game Studios Express. Download either the free binary version with a 30 day free trial of the TGB Editors tailored for use with Torque X, or, if you already own Torque Game Builder - INDIE, you can use the registration key for TGB found on your My Account Page to unlock the TGBX trial.

Whew! That's a mouthful - but TGBX itself is all about ease of use. Once you have it installed, create a new project with Game Studios Express, open up TGBX and create your gameplay elements, and press Play to see your game in action on XBox 360!

dave theres a problem v12 (scorez or however you spell it) is messed up do you have a version that can work this is wierd and im not getting anywhere! :D

I'm not sure what you're talking about, Connor...the plugin for Genesis3D? Or something else?

No, the new code from torgue will let you make xbox 360 games. I guess just another compiling option, not really sure since I am not a programer. just looks like more options thoguh.

The problem is: Only because a gaming-company which gained much money from that and had much more money to spend on the game and had much more people which all know what they are doing is a bit of a difference compared to what your ressources will look like, right?

If I would be you, and since you are not a programmer, I would have a look at Quest3d.

It is easy to use, can import *.x-files and can make some amazing things. And if you want to, it can although export to a webformat, or to standalone-formats.

*Fuchur*

Tourqe now uses .x format as well. I have not done games in a long time but I have had one planned out for a long time that I will do once I am done with my current project but that wont be for a couple of years and a hell of alot changes in that time frame, then I will have to look around and see what they have to offer.