Fliping model

bighop

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking that you somehow must have altered the root bone in the model.

But it is a bit hard to tell without knowing if you created the walk cycle or you are using

one from the cd, or if you changed the bones at all.

But I would suspect that either in the modeling window or the action window you must have

inadvertantly changed one or all of the value in the root bone, which is the bone that is included with every model by default.

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

Thanks for responding.

The "Homer type" model was giving to me as is. I didn't change any bones. (At least I didn't think I did, I'm new to this so there is a chance!)

I was trying to apply the walking cycle from the CD. I didn't know if I should create my own walking cycle. Do some models not work with the HASH cycles?

If you could please answer one more thing: I wanted Homer to walk into the sceen, look at the camera and wave as he walked by. Do I have to create my own cycle, or can I change a cycle?

This stuff is fun, but very time consuming. I see why it take so long to make a movie.

I'm not sure where to begin to ans. your question.....

It's impossible for me to know what might have gone on with the flipping of the model.

I would grab the fat guy model directly from the cd, then grab the action directly from the cd AGAIN,

make no changes and try and use the action to see what happens. If it works no problems, then you must have changed something in the version you are currently using. If the flip happens again, then there must be a problem in either the fat guy model of the action file.

Next....

The other question is an animtion question. But it's kinda like asking how does one break the sound

barrier when flying. First you have to figure out how to fly, then how to generate thrust, then how to fly at high speeds.... etc.... so

I would read up on using actions and how to combine different actions.... action overloading.

Take a quick look at the html help files at the bottom portion of the forum page.

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com