Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

importing another model to a model

rbjohnsn

I have a head model that I've tried adding a tounge to. The tounge has all the relationships and work with in the model. My problem is the tounge never moves with the head. I've given the main bone in the tounge two constraints, Translate to, and orient like the head bone. I am baffeled in that the tounge never moves with the head.

Any thought wise ones?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is the tongue a child of the head? This is a picture of KeeKat's structure - he has a tongue:

[attachmentid=22947]

You can see that the TongueBone is a child of the Jaw, which is a child of the Head, so when you move the Head bone, they all move.

The tongue should not be attached in a chain, though, just a child of the head in the PWS.

I don't think you'd need constraints if the tongue was moving as the head does.

post-9673-1165390920_thumb.jpg

Is the tongue a child of the head? This is a picture of KeeKat's structure - he has a tongue:

[attachmentid=22947]

You can see that the TongueBone is a child of the Jaw, which is a child of the Head, so when you move the Head bone, they all move.

The tongue should not be attached in a chain, though, just a child of the head in the PWS.

I don't think you'd need constraints if the tongue was moving as the head does.

The tounge never moved with the head, only for the move ment of the tounge's control. Thanks for the insight to the hiarcy. It totaly excaped this old brain.

I just changed the high hiarcy and everything is working fine. I could kiss you Caroline.