Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

A:M and Parallels on MAC

cwaters72

OK. I found out why my ver 11.0 A:M doesn't install on my new mac mini via OS X...thanks to the message board folks

So, my next attempt at getting things up and running was to install Parallels to run XP virtually on the mini. Everything installed well (seemingly) but clicking on the icon on the desktop (again, in virtual XP) gives me a 'can't find CD drive' error.

It found the CD drive well enough to install the program...what gives? Anyone know the answer? All the settings for Parallels that pertain to the CD drive have been enabled.

It took a lot of lobbying to purchase the upgrade to 11.0 as I don't use the prog religiously enough for some people...so upgrading again is doubtful. I found Blender and it seems cool enough, but even though I never became a master at A:M I find I am very used to it and don't want to start all over with something new - however comparable it may claim to be.

Can anyone help me to figure out a way to get A:M running in Paralells, or provide me with a definitive 'it will never work...sorry" scenario?

Thank you all in this community who have helped me over the years.

C.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if it could find the cd drive, you won't be able to run A:M in WIndows via Parallels, because Parallels doesn't support any 3d realtime options, such as OpenGL or Direct3d.

The only option is to set up Bootcamp and run A:M in a fully Windows system.

Jim