Hash, Inc. Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robcat2075

MP3 import

When I import an MP3 file it does show up in the PWS but with the message "MP3 File not fully supported yet"

Is there any form of MP3 that is supported?

I was trying it because I figured I could drastically reduce the size of a HA:MR file if it had MP3 sound instead of WAV.

When I import an MP3 file it does show up in the PWS but with the message "MP3 File not fully supported yet"

I was trying it because I figured I could drastically reduce the size of a HA:MR file if it had MP3 sound instead of WAV.

Yeah, would be great... or even better: What about Midi-Files? Would be even smaller for simple music.

*Fuchur*

Hi;

I don't know about MP3's in HAMR ,but Wav files can hold some compression format, such as Micro Law(uLaw) and ALaw these are basic compression but smaller than PCM (Pulse Code Modulation). You'd have to set them manually. If you have something like Roxio Sound editor or Goldwave, you can change formats within them and I think windows recorder does it too. I'm not 100% sure , but Quicktime now supports Mpeg4 and so should support MP3 and so I am Assuming MP3 could be used in AM but they may be having trouble getting it to work in realtime.

:o Smaller is sometimes better!

Hi;

I don't know about MP3's in HAMR ,but Wav files can hold some compression format, such as Micro Law(uLaw) and ALaw these are basic compression but smaller than PCM (Pulse Code Modulation). You'd have to set them manually. If you have something like Roxio Sound editor or Goldwave, you can change formats within them and I think windows recorder does it too. I'm not 100% sure , but Quicktime now supports Mpeg4 and so should support MP3 and so I am Assuming MP3 could be used in AM but they may be having trouble getting it to work in realtime.

:o Smaller is sometimes better!

Use Audacity.

It is a freeware sound-editor with many many features and of course it can change the format of the file.

*Fuchur*

Robert,

If you notice, the WebHAMR AlienSong demo uses an MP3. Seems like when I set this up the only thing I had to do was fool around with the sound start time in the TimeLine. Someone else had converted the WAV file to MP3 and I just used that. I think you can fairly safely use MP3's if you're willing to play around a bit to get the start time right. But then, maybe this has been fixed. I'm not sure about that.

Ken Chaffin- Hash, Inc.