Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Rabbit Trick

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! You are a scary man, David!

and I think of these all on my own ...haha

Good. But I won't be impressed till you make it into a HAMR project.

Hmmmm....That is this weeks topic ...Maybe a good time to check it out

Hey David, your animation skills are coming along great! I've been checking your stuff whenever you post. The 12 fps things you've been experimenting with remind me of the Ardmann (sp?) stop-mo style a bit.

From one of your previous posts I got the impression that you subscribe to Keith Lango's VTS service.... am I correct? I've been scooping up as much character animation training material as possible and it's fun to see how the pros work.... very helpful in figuring out the workflow of animation. Just wondered if you'd been following him too?

Mark

Hey, thanks for all the feedback!

It is the TWO rabbit. The ears were dynamics makes this character fun to animate, a lot of free animation.

I just animated the main contol bone and dynamics did the rest.

I think I will try this as a HAMR project. I know I will have to make a few changes. What you cant see on screen isn't pretty. I will probably just scale the character down to 0 when your not suppose to see him.

Hey David, your animation skills are coming along great! I've been checking your stuff whenever you post. The 12 fps things you've been experimenting with remind me of the Ardmann (sp?) stop-mo style a bit.

From one of your previous posts I got the impression that you subscribe to Keith Lango's VTS service.... am I correct? I've been scooping up as much character animation training material as possible and it's fun to see how the pros work.... very helpful in figuring out the workflow of animation. Just wondered if you'd been following him too?

Mark

Thanks Mark,

I don't know what it is but I hear the Aardman's comment all the time. Even my daughter who is five

said that as soon as she saw a Aardman's commercial. I think for the most part it maybe I use too many keyframes and sometimes leave a lot of interpolation on linear.

Nope, I haven't subscribed to Keith Lango's VTS service but I did read his article on timing and spacing. Really enjoyed that. You just don't hear anyone talking about spacing in 3d weird.

If you don't have it already...Preston Blair's character animation book is awesome. I litterly wore the cover

off mine. It's not a 3D book but It really teaches how to animate not just 3d tricks.

So for scooping up character animation training thats all I can say. (its all I have)

Ohh and watching lots of Ren & Stimpy :lol:

• Hash Fellow

Hey Dagoos, you oughta submit that to Spike and Mike's Festival of Sick and Twisted Animation. I think it could make it in.

robcat, this is the rabbit from the TWO movie (or was), the ears have dynamics set, unless he turned them off and animated them.

I suppose if I said I like Santa Claus you'd tell me that was all a trick too.

Hey Dagoos, you oughta submit that to Spike and Mike's Festival of Sick and Twisted Animation. I think it could make it in.

robcat, this is the rabbit from the TWO movie (or was), the ears have dynamics set, unless he turned them off and animated them.

I suppose if I said I like Santa Claus you'd tell me that was all a trick too.

I just checked out their web site some extremely cool stuff there. I have to get that DVD now!

Thanks for the link!

Very funny :lol:

The animation was extremely good and the modeling of the rabbit was superb.

Im sure this will be the Butt of many jokes. :lol:

Thanks!

but I can't take credit for the model. I know Bob Taylor did the concept sketch. I'm not sure who modeled it but Agree awesome Job!