Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

animusic idea for AM

My brother dropped off the two DVD's of Animusic..(check google video's if you are not familiar). Anyway after watchin them for awhile I thought a version of this could be done with AM to some degree if we set up an instrument to act the same way a character is set up to talk and use a dope sheet to play the notes. This was just an idea and I threw this slient idea using just simple on-off poses (no dope sheet) to demo how a very simple version might animate

simple

[attachmentid=21652] :huh:

John

PS went to my 40th high school reunion yesterday evening ...had trouble figuring out who all the old people were that showed up

:unsure::lol:

simple.mov

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

amplitude might work to some extend but not the control to really get the effect...I have posted some amplitudes examples before...what I am thinking is typing in a series of "words" that would correspond on what part of the instrument was striking its sound in a song ..this in a dope sheet like you would have mouth movement for voice sync

Not sure why you can't play it since its just sorenson3 qt

I did a project like that. Used the midi-motion plugin. It's a piano playing Fur Elise. Took maybe 2 weeks to model, animate, light, and finish.

The hardest part was finding a GOOD midi to wav converter as AM doesn't allow midis in the chor and the plug-in needs a .mid >_>

I can render a smaller version if you would like a look.

Thanks, John - coincidentally I had just finished my Flower for TAOA:M Exercise 9, and I was looking at the petals thinking Wouldn't it be neat to press a petal and play a note.

Then you pointed out that I could use a Dope Sheet. I used 2 dope sheets, one for the high notes and one for the lower notes, for Daisy, posted here:

Daisy.mov (1.27mb)

(I hope I've linked that properly - it's under Newbie Ex 9 if I haven't!)

I could not yet work out how to assign a made up word eg. noteA1 to a particular phoneme, so for the words I typed in dd bb gg etc and manually assigned "a single phoneme" to each word. Great fun.

Chrury, you're probably looking for better sound quality, but I used Noteworthy to create the midi, then used Wavepad to record the midi to wav. I couldn't find a converter that would work.