Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Choreography question

Slimmie

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure I understand your question so I'll explain how it should work and maybe that will give you your answer.

If you want to add sound to your animation there are 2 ways I know the latter works the best for me.

Add sound to an action.

Add sound to a choreography.

To do these next steps you need to have the libraries, properties and timeline windows on.

After you create a scene in a choreography (or action), click on the sound tab in the libraries window.

select the sound you want and drag it over the choreography.

You should see the wave line in the timeline, if not, then go to the properties window and find the sound there. click on the sound in the properties and you should now see it in the timeline.

When you play the animation, you should hear the sound. You should also be able to "scrub". However, I have found that I can sometimes lose the sound when I scrub (move the animation slider back and forth).

You now can adjust the timing in the timeline to where you want the sound to play and when you render, you should hear the sound.

I hope this helps.

George

My problem happens after those steps. I am able to get sound in Action and Choreography.

But, I am having the sound problem when I try to save the animation as a movie file (both .avi and .mov).

The sound plays fine before I save in both Choreography mode and Action mode. But, if I try to render my Choreography animation to a file, my animation movie becomes mute. I'm not having this problem when I render from the Action mode, though.

I use the same settings to create movie files in both Choreography and Action modes so I don't understand why my Choreography movies are mute.

I was wondering if this is normal for the program?

This isn't normal at all. Do you see the sound graph in your timeline when you're in choreography window? If you do, then check the volume in your media player. Whatever it is, it's usually operator error somewhere. I'm confident you'll find it.

I see the sound graph in Choreography and the volume setting is high in my media player. Perhaps it's a glitch somewhere.

I just found a way to override the problem by creating the sound and action in the Action Mode first and then using the saved action and sound files to create my animation in Choreography. That seems to be the only way to get the sound to appear in my movie files.

Thanks for the help.

I have had some problems in that area as well.

after rendering a scene and playback the movie I had a screeching sound in the background.

to solve this I rendered out the sequence without sound (it saved some render time)

then I added the sound afterward in my video editing software. it works fine that way for me.

I'm not sure what caused it to screech like that but it may be the same thing thats causing your muting problem.

Hope this is a help to you.

good luck

Leo