Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Lee's Superhero Thread

Well, I know it's been a while since I've been really visible on the boards, but I just wanted to show you guys some things I've been working on.

First off, I was inspired by the Batman Animated series to create this 4 minute animation that I posted on youtube:

Here's a quick environment test I did afterwards:

Next is a test I did involving the Batman animated series style again. This time, I imagined what the "Knightfall" Jean Paul Valley batman would look like in this style. [attachmentid=21318] I also made models of The Riddler and Robin from the Animated Series. [attachmentid=21320] [attachmentid=21319]

Third, I found some great reference of Marvel Comics characters and decided to model Stryfe from X-men, and then I got a little daring and tried a female character: Storm, with my own costume design. [attachmentid=21321] [attachmentid=21322]

And Last of all are Two pictures of the soviet superman model I did from the graphic novel "Red Son" [attachmentid=21323] [attachmentid=21324]

All images come straight out of A:M with no post work of any kind. Enjoy!

knightfall.JPG

robin.JPG

theriddler.JPG

stryfe2.JPG

storm.JPG

1.JPG

4.JPG

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee, you are such a stud.

Lee, Yves told me that he thought "stud" meant "gay," (Yves is from Quebec), and he warned me to call you something else. So "Lee, you are such a not gay stud."

Note that you're assuming that Lee isn't gay, when you say that.

Lee, you are such a not gay unless you're gay stud.

Whew! I mean, all I do is post pictures of guys in tight spandex and now people are questioning about my preferences...oh...waitaminute...

Either way, stud (gay or not) is high praise from THE man himself. Thanks, Martin...and to the rest of you too. I'm glad you liked them.

Here's the next wave,

First is an alternate version of the red son superman [attachmentid=21358]

Here's an early model I did, but it looks cool anyway, of Wolverine [attachmentid=21364]

I decided to make 2 blocks of Gotham City from the cartoon, only a little of it can be seen here. [attachmentid=21360]

Also, I made a model of Dick Grayson from the cartoon, for the same abandoned project [attachmentid=21362]

And another cartoon-based model of the man of steel [attachmentid=21363]

Lastly--here's the Batman from said Red Son comic book, and no, he didn't steel superman's cape ;)

[attachmentid=21357]

Hope you enjoy them, thanks for the support all!

batmankoff.jpg

3.JPG

test2.jpg

dickgraysonpicture.jpg

supes0.jpg

meshboy0.jpg

No comments or critiques?

Well, I just did another render of the Russian Batman and I'm calling this one final. Again, everything came straight out of A:M. The snow is a rotoscope of blurred noise is PS with an alpha channel. Add a little bloom for fog, and some fur for the hat and collar and there ya go! Hope ya like it! [attachmentid=21390]

batman0.jpg

Lee. What is anybody gonna say but, "Wow."

Didn't you animate a little of some of these several years ago? I'd love to see it if you did.

Would you donate the models to the "Extras" DVD?

What kind of rigs do they have in them (A:M 2001?)

How about a few poster size images before the comicon season starts?

What are you doing with the "Russian" Batman? (I must have missed it if you explained?)

Do you want to work on TWO?

Thanks again Martin! That was a lot to take in at once there.

Well...as far as the rigs go... The Russian Superman model does have the 2001 rig in it (modeified to his pose) and Russian Batman doesn't have any rig in it. The plans were pretty much this picture. So if I were to donate these I'd have a lot of work to do...but if it's for the good of the peoples...I guess I could :)

I'd love to make some poster size renders. If you could give me a resolution, I could get on that too. Do you mean for display at comic-con (I think I just soiled myself)?

I would like to work on TWO. I could give at least a couple of months good work (I'll give you more details)

Thanks thejobe, my server is being slow today, so I'll try and post some wires later, okay?

So if I were to donate these I'd have a lot of work to do...but if it's for the good of the peoples...I guess I could :)

Oh, you don't have to put rigs in. Just the model would be enough to help people out, and somebody may put a rig in it later if need be.

I'd love to make some poster size renders. If you could give me a resolution, I could get on that too. Do you mean for display at comic-con (I think I just soiled myself)?
There's a lot of good stuff here. A 2000 X 1600 render would be enough for each poster.

I would like to work on TWO. I could give at least a couple of months good work (I'll give you more details)
You're on. I'll send you an email.

You're certainly prolific Lee. And your models have a certain style to them. I agree with the comments on youtube. It looks like the next one will be really cool. I wonder how long it took to make all these.

• 3 weeks later...

I can totally see robot chicken odins, good call!

Thanks case, I appreciate it, comics are so much fun! About once a year, I just get into them, and they take over my life.

Well, I don't want to spend too much time away from TWO when working in A:M. But here's another load of pictures I've done.

First is a test of Ben Riley spiderman that I did. The webbing texture isn't mine, but all it is is red and black with the same texture applied as a bump map, it would be easy to duplicate, I thought it looked cool.

[attachmentid=21868]

and another

[attachmentid=21869]

Next are two models that I made in hopes of having them fight.

First it's our old pal the silver surfer--the planet and stars in the back were done in photoshop by me

[attachmentid=21870]

Next are two different versions of Kyle Rayner Green Lantern--don't know which one I like better. It's also my first attempt at giving someone hair. I really wanted to get the same look that Blur studio gets in their superhero models.

[attachmentid=21871]

[attachmentid=21872]

benriley.jpg

benriley2.jpg

herald.jpg

first.jpg

second.JPG

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing about the render quality. There are some minor quibbles like Silver Surfer's forward knee being a little lumpy in the wrong places, but overall these are all beautiful and stylish models. Let's see some renders that equal the quality of the work!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Gary, I hope no one else sees this...

Here's Iron Man's legs (sans detail). I was hoping I could get your opinon on them. They look a little bit on the heavy side to me right now. What do you think?

legs.JPG

Here's a shot of the back of his legs. I decided to model in the treads on the boots

backofleg.JPG

And finally a low-quality chest detail. I think this would probably be the max distance I could shoot him at and still have him look like he has many details.

morechestdetail.JPG

I would love to hear your input! Thanks a lot man! --PM me though...don't post here...lol

Lee