Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Animation Master Cross-Platform Questions

gbrycki

Hi Folks,

I have a few questions, but first, a little background...

My partner and I are going to work together on a project. We've looked around at various 3D Animation software, and have decided to go with Animation Master. Now, the thing is this...my partner has a MAC and I have a PC. So, I have a couple of questions....

1. First and most important, will we be able to "merge" our footage (his stuff being on a MAC and mine on

a PC), or am I going to have to get a MAC also in order for us to be able to join together what we do

seperately on different platforms?

2. Come to think of it, how do you bring together stuff done on seperate computers?

3. Third question, and not so important considering the relative low cost of Animation Master software.

Is the software downloadable on both a MAC and PC? That is, are there different software disks for the

different platforms (like there are for, let's say, Adobe PhotoShop)? The reason I ask is, I'd probably just

purchase Animation Master tomorrow if I could download on both platforms from the same disk, but

would hold off until I got an answer to my 1st question, because I'd rather not have to "buy twice" if I

wind up getting a MAC.

4. OK...a 4th question. How many times can you download Animation Master from the purchased

Software? Using PhotoShop as an example again, Adobe only allows you to download it twice, and after

that, you can't download it anymore. I'm curious about this because I will probably want to get another

computer at some point. But again, not a biggie considering Animation Master's low cost.

Thanks in advance to all you respond!

Sincerely,

George B.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. The Mac and PC versions of the software are identical. Their renders are identical and their saved files are identical.

2. Use a shared hard drive? That's more of a networking question, really.

3. The A:M CD contains both the Mac version and the PC version.

4. As long as you have the CD, you can download, install and run A:M as often as you like.

P.S. "Mac" is short for "Macintosh." There's no reason to use all caps.

Thanks, luckbat! I appreciate your taking the time to answer my questions (and I'll remember the "MAC/Mac" thing).

Sincerely,

George B.

1. The Mac and PC versions of the software are identical. Their renders are identical and their saved files are identical.

2. Use a shared hard drive? That's more of a networking question, really.

3. The A:M CD contains both the Mac version and the PC version.

4. As long as you have the CD, you can download, install and run A:M as often as you like.

P.S. "Mac" is short for "Macintosh." There's no reason to use all caps.

You even can download the stuff from A:M with any version, but you need a dongle.

Dongles are available as a USB-Drive- or as a CD-Dongle... One of them is neccessary to run A:M.

(You dont have to leave the CD in the drive, if you started A:M, but you need it, when you start.)

To chare your stuff, there are several different possibilities...

one of the best would be the network-harddrive., but that can be more expensive...

An even easier and cheaper way is, to make a LAN and allow your lan-partners to write and read on your harddrive. This is possible in windows and I think on a Mac it should be easy to.

For this, both computers have to be on, but it will cost just a few bugs for the ethernet-kabel/maybe a second ethernet-card(costs 20 Bugs or something like that).

Another one is, that you use an USB-connection... you will need a special cable for that (it wont work with a normal cable) which costs about 30 Dollars. There will than be a virtuell drive, where you can put the data on (size depending on your harddrive and the size of the files you transfer), or you can do it like with a LAN.

You could of course buy a server and set it between both computers, but that is very expensive and not neccessary...

Have a nice start with A:M and welcome in the community...

*Fuchur*