Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Racing tutorial

Duke

Hi all

A while back I watched a video tutorial of a motor race with three vehicles from the AM library,

it had to do with motion paths and setting the time for the vehicles so that one could win the race.

for the life of me I cant remember where I saw it. (It was very good, and I need it now!!)

If there is someone that can help me to remember where it was that I saw it I would be extremely greatful.

I have gone through all my tutorials and on the Siggraph 2005 training video. am I missing some braincells or what? :unsure:

thanx

Leo

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

I did a racing tutorial??? :blink:

am I missing some braincells or what?

No... that would be my job. I had completely forgot about that tutorial.

Thanks for bringing that memory back. SIGGRAPH was extremely fun. :)

As I recall I had not planned to demonstrate anything in particular so the night before SIGGRAPH I started thinking about cars. The basic race was the result of my desperation.

I've always meant to go back and refine that tutorial.

There are so many things you can do with just basic animation (paths, deformation, modification, etc) alone.

Good luck on your project Duke!

Thanx Rodney

Yip you did do a racing tutorial, when I got my copy of AM a also got the SIGGRAPH 2005 DVD and the tutorial is on there. although its not noted as a "racing" tutorial, I found it very good and it opened up a whole new world for me especially the camera constraint to path part. But for the life of me I couldn't remember where it was that I saw it. hence the post.

By the way, would you like to put that hoverboard of mine on the Extra II DVD? its yours if you want it. And if there's still time.

Leo