Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Mercedes Klasse C

Xtaz

Hi Hashers .....

A client contacted me to model a Mercedes Klasse C 2003, it will be used in a comercial .... Im glad to show you the result ....

The mercedes' interior is poor modeled .. it doesnt be showed .. maybe ill model it just for fun :)

comments are welcome as usual ....

mercedes_1.jpg

mercedes_2.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the first look: Hey cool, great model!! B)

But then, after a few seconds you get aware of the "unsmoothness" of the car body. Well, this is some side-effects of spline-modeling. Maybe it'll look smoother with porcelain?

Anyway, I'd like to see you straighten the contours. If you do this: Perfect!! :D

Good job, well done!

Cheers,

David

Marcos,

1. You are an excellent vehicle modeler

2. You are an excellent vehicle modeler

3. If there was a way to have your models not have the rubber skin look they would be perfect. What I mean is the surfaces kind of look (a very small amount) like a diver's wet suit. It is enough for the critical eye to catch. If the vehicle was in motion, you would never see it.

4. You are an excellent vehicle modeler

Keep those vehicles coming!

David

Thx all for comments, they are very important to improve my skills

A bit of rumpling on the top fender near the head light. how can we get rid of that?

Robert ... ill try to solve this problem... maybe i use more splines there

But then, after a few seconds you get aware of the "unsmoothness" of the car body. Well, this is some side-effects of spline-modeling. Maybe it'll look smoother with porcelain?

David, Im working in a new render that uses porcelain ...

WOW, great looking car........can U post a wireframe? it helps us who like mech modeling possiably learn new splinin tricks.

Hi mike ... Sure ... here they are ...

mercedes_1_wire.jpg

mercedes_2_wire.jpg

I'd be fooled. My mom would be fooled. My brother, daughter and sons would be fooled. You've got a tough audience here Marcos.

Mr. Hash ... to model whit A:M is a pleasure and a terapy .... thx for it !!!

3. If there was a way to have your models not have the rubber skin look they would be perfect. What I mean is the surfaces kind of look (a very small amount) like a diver's wet suit. It is enough for the critical eye to catch. If the vehicle was in motion, you would never see it.

Hi David, your comment is very important for me, because I know that you work with vehicles modeled in A:M, ill use a new colours set in next render

Very nice modeling!

Mr. Sutton ...Master of the Masters ... thx for your words, they are a great incentive.

Hi David, your comment is very important for me, because I know that you work with vehicles modeled in A:M, ill use a new colours set in next render

Xtaz, I don't think it's the color set. I'm pretty sure you need a smaller specular size. This makes the surface look more metallic.

As Dan Bradbury likes to point out, the best way to have realistic reflections is with an environment map, not with lights.

As Dan Bradbury likes to point out, the best way to have realistic reflections is with an environment map, not with lights.

>.>

<.<

Environment maps cant provide light 0.o? Having a smaller specular size will make it look more like metal, but I've always said that the realest reflections are those that use no specular at all; however, it's not always easy to work with, because you'd have to create a light source reflection object (normally a sphere), have it the same color as your light, position it behind your actual light, set it to have no animation options but reflectivity, and apply a very bright ambience map image to the patches of the reflectivity object (by the way i do have a set of very bright EXR images if you want them. they vary between 100% to 1000% white). Also, instead of an environment map (because they're just so dang hard to control and animate with) I would go with an enormous hemispherical dome, with your environment texture pasted on it. That way, if your car is turning or moving around, the environment reflections wont stay centered and aligned with the magnitude and direction of the vehicle like an environment map will.

Something that caught my eye right off the bat: the back window frame of the driver side door (the left side is the driver side right >_>?). It doesn't match up smoothly with the front window frame of the rear driver-side door.

Anyways, that's a very cool looking car Xtaz. So what's in store for her? :P

That is a really nice looking car. Having done a little car modelling I can vouch for how hard it is.

You have tempered the tendency of splines very well but I think you are asking a little much of the 5p patch to the side of the headlight there. I would be tempted to add another radial round there to smooth things out and get more control.