Hash, Inc. Forums

Against The Author

Hello all,

This is Simon, president of Small Island Productions and Director of Against The Author. We have been working on a 3D Animated Motion Picture Event since April 2004. I have posted before, yet not often, as I usually am too busy actually working on it.

The good news is, we are almost finished, and actually plan on releasing it Winter this year. We recently premiered an Interactive Trailer at the Osceola Performing Arts Center in Florida, in front of over 700 Arts Students from Central Florida.

If you wish, you may visit the Against The Author Official Website at www.againsttheauthor.com , where it is also possible to watch the entire footage reel from the actual premiere of the Trailer.

--(fast connection required for playback of video in real-time)--

In other news, please keep in mind that the entire animation and compositing for the Trailer was created exclusively for the event, and are not actually shots from the Motion Picture itself.

Thank you, and I hope you enjoy exploring the website...

Did you actually get a PG-13?

Those ratings are copyrighted by the MPAA. You have to submit the film and they give you a rating.

Forgive me if you have gone through this process already.

I applaud your efforts and wish you the best of luck. I just don't want you to get sued or something.

By the way... I don't know how your flash site is set up... but I have fairly high speed internet and normaly don't have trouble with Flash based movies... however the three clips on the site were so choppy as to be unviewable... something odd about them. They would play... a second... and stop... very choppy.

Without a way to download them... there was no way to see them clearly.

There should at least be some kind of replay button so if you can't stream in "real time" you can at least replay it after it downloads completely.

-vern

• Admin

You have some intriguing things there but the access is a killer.

Your enthusiasm is apparent and there are even hints at genius.

But did I mention... access is a killer?

The first thing I would do would make the link a bit more obvious and... accessible.

It'll get more people to your site.

www.againsttheauthor.com

Looking forward to seeing more.

Keep it up!

Martin,

I had the same trouble. I think it may be whatever... setting is used in the flash for presenting movies... I don't use flash for that very much so I don't know for sure.

That clip... was actually pretty good! Rotoscoped 3D characters on live action video. Nice explosion. I wasn't expecting it.

My critique would be...

A TON of... build up... and still... not much content to speak of. I think you've spent more time on the website, titles, music, web store, than the actual animations. If not... then we just aren't seeing it.

Would really like to see more... viewable clips of actual content. What little I've seen looks a 1000% better than when you started.

My advice? Don't use FLASH! At least... not until you know what your doing with it. Not for everything. Don't use Flash for the sake of using Flash.

Those same clips even with a huge amount of compression to keep the size down... would play better in any other format (AVI, MOV, WMV) than they are right now.

At least we could download them and view them.

Lots of free tools out there.

-vern

Thanks guys, I will take it upon myself to install playback controls onto the video.

Yes, you made a good point Jake, I have not actually tested the site on Mac systems, yet it has worked fine with several regular-speed internet connections on Windows computers, either way, I'll install some playback controls for the video.

Either way, thanks for all the comments.

hmmm... I'm on a PC and the clips barely play. Very stuttery. Wonder why that is.

I didnt have any problems on my AthlonXP 2000+...

It's a great idea, a good cameratracking but the most important: a very skillful presentation. The music is very good chosen.

*Fuchur*

Thanks.

Yes, actually, we have noticed some people appear at the website and only see the picture, or only hear the music. This is due to the fact that the computer that the viewer is working on has an out-dated version of the Flash Player, (they are currently on version 9).

Ok, well, thanks for the comments, it will be interesting to show it the A:M World, the critique is always so helpful here.