Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Want to re-rig and old model

GizmoMkI

(Oops, topic should read "Wanting to re-rig an old model".)

This is Gus Gizmo, the first guy I ever built from scratch in A:M 8.0 back in 2000, and it shows. After recently getting the program upgraded, I'm wanting to rework the mesh a lot and bring it closer to my original sketches for him, as seen on the right.

I also want to re-rig him after seeing what's available now, since his original rig system is very crude. He's one of the leads for a sci-fi adventure, so he needs the ability to have some subtleties and idiosyncracies, but I still want him to be somewhat mechanical in a lot of his mannerisms.

Since his original construction, he's had a little oscilloscope effect added to his visor ala Gort from the Day the Earth Stood Still, and I built a couple of action files to make his control panel lights blink, but he needs a lot more work to get him where I want him to be.

His backstory is he's one of the first of his series, which is now up to a third or fourth generation model, and he's been retrofitted to upgrade his programming and machinery.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on what would be a good rig to try for him based on this information.

post-432-1158640303_thumb.jpg

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images