Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

NESTING RELATIONSHIPS?

UNGLAUBLICHUSA

O.K., Lets see if I can stump you guys & gals. I have for better or worse created poses (relationships) in Version 13.0J (the newest one). Can I combine the attributes inside (Eulers, orient like, etc.) into one folder / pose that I can then import into a choreography. Or do I have to add each one individually - or re constrain?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Thanks

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm not totally sure I follow you but....

if you create an action and turn all the desired poses/constraints on and then use the create pose

command with the appropriate "key" buttons depressed inthe bottom left of the screen,

you will create a pose that has all the constraints in it.

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

I am probably missing the mark on your question however, if I’m reading this correctly… perhaps the answer is that relationships (poses, smart skin, etc.) ‘belong’ to models. When you drag the model into the chor any relationships it may have travel along with it and, as a general rule, are ‘on’ or active unless the relationship is one that you can control (percentage pose or on/off pose) and then, it is whatever you have it set to in the model (usually 0% or ‘on’ or the default ‘unset’).

In older versions of AM, after you placed and instance of a model into the chor (or action for that matter) some poses would be ‘dragged and dropped’ from the pose slider pallet to the chor window (ergo the model there) in order to activate everything in that pose. Actually this is still done but I do not believe that there is any difference between doing this and turning an on/off pose ‘on’ or, cranking up a percentage pose from 0% or 100%.

So… to hopefully answer your question, I may use one or more off/on poses (multiple is strictly for organizational or control purposes) for constraints (aim at, translate to, etc) or, for properties (toggle visibility of bones {or mesh groups}, change surface properties, etc) and… when I drag the model into a chor or action all of these will become active providing I’ve not explicitly turned the pose off or restricted its percentage of enforcement. If I have, then it will not be fully active until I toggle it on, or increased its percentage or, drag and drop it into the chor window.

Hope that helps and is somewhere near the target LOL.

Cheers,

Rusty

:blink: I was probably as clear as mud when I posted. What I am trying to wrap my brain around is this:

1. Applied Euler limits, fine - seems to be done right.

2. I go into an action to test limits, bones bend this way and that - no limits?

3. Trying to re-smart skin my character and it would be easy if the Eulers were affecting the model when I make my 'extreme'/maximum range poses.

Only choreography can combine my rigging set-ups? Arrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!! This make hard for caveman, caveman brain hurt, caveman may miss mascot deadline...caveman sad. :(

:blink: I was probably as clear as mud when I posted. What I am trying to wrap my brain around is this:

1. Applied Euler limits, fine - seems to be done right.

2. I go into an action to test limits, bones bend this way and that - no limits?

3. Trying to re-smart skin my character and it would be easy if the Eulers were affecting the model when I make my 'extreme'/maximum range poses.

Only choreography can combine my rigging set-ups? Arrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!! This make hard for caveman, caveman brain hurt, caveman may miss mascot deadline...caveman sad. :(

Somethings wrong. This should work. Works for me.

Rusty

Ok, so are you saying that you want your constraints to be active while in the smartskin window?

Only if it's an existing feature, I don't want to be a wuss.

Okay, don't make it more difficult:)

Is that exactly what you want to do?

I'm not sure it's applicable as I have not been using smartskin for sometime.

if someone knows for sure jump in, otherwise I'll check when I get a free minute later today/tonight.

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com