Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Music video: First verse of the song

This is approximately half of the music video that was made as comment on political process and ability of members of the parliament of my country...

http://trajcedrv.mylivepage.com/file/?fileid=493

(You'll probably need to copy link and paste it in your browser to be able to download it)

Unfortunately I didn't made it on time for the elections this year, and you'll probably miss the whole message... so what... I hope that you'll like the music (My wife Marina composed it) and if you really, really want to know, I'll post rough English translation. (Words by my Brother, John)

I wasn't going for perfect animation (I tried to be as fast as possible), but basically I love how it turned out... Most of the animation is the second pass and it could use some touch-ups...

As for the second pass animation I also am very satisfied with lip-synch, and the character turned out to be fairly expressive, although it is simplicity itself

There is one character that was pasted into choreography, but I forgot to assign it to its path (you'll notice it) and near the end animation is simply unfinished.

As it is, it will probably remain unfinished, but I would really like to share and see what you (A:M Gals and A:M guys) think...

Drvarceto

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

Hey, that was wonderful! :)

You should finish that. The great thing about democracy is that the politicians never get any better so you can probably bring this out for the next election and it will still work.

Whatever it's saying... :blink:

Hey, that was wonderful! :)

You should finish that. The great thing about democracy is that the politicians never get any better so you can probably bring this out for the next election and it will still work.

Whatever it's saying... :blink:

Robcat, THANKS!

Since there were no other responses, I've concluded this:

1. Nobody was able to download it (I've tried, it works, Robcat did)

2. Nobody wanted to waste bandwidh (Animation is 6.8MB)

3. Way to boooooring (it has singing and dancing in it)

4. It is so badly done, that it does not deserve any comment (mea culpa, mea maxima culpa...)

So, to spice up things a bit, these are several frames from the animation... wahdda' ya think?

[attachmentid=20760]

[attachmentid=20761]

[attachmentid=20762]

[attachmentid=20763]

[attachmentid=20764]

[attachmentid=20765]

[attachmentid=20766]

[attachmentid=20767]

post-5104-1158738264_thumb.jpg

post-5104-1158738282_thumb.jpg

post-5104-1158738301_thumb.jpg

post-5104-1158738317_thumb.jpg

post-5104-1158738335_thumb.jpg

post-5104-1158738351_thumb.jpg

post-5104-1158738377_thumb.jpg

post-5104-1158738396_thumb.jpg

• Hash Fellow

The first time I tried to download it I didn't see that there was a 30 second counter that had to expire before the download began. (it's in tiny type). And then when it does begin it will be in the browser window instead of a "save as" file, so that's easy to miss also.

So... if anyone is trying to download it, that page does work, it just doesn't look like it will when you first get there. Leave the page open for a while.

Robcat, visiting your site "Tiny, tiny monkeys" called for my attention, I came to see that you have even more critical perception of the politicians than I do...

Anyway, here is (pretty much word for word) translation of the lyrics of the first verse: (so don't expect great poetry in english here)

Empty days are rolling

I am good for nothing

My head fills thick

My aura grays

I think I have something

But everything slips my fingers

Where are you good days

Where are you now

Refrain:

I am so bad at school,

Maybe I should run for Parliament

I'll vote when cued

I'll look good on TV

I hope that this clarifies things a bit...

I tried, I really tried,,, I even tried it Robcat's way,,, waited for ever and all it does is count down and restart the countdown

when it gets to 0 and the download link appears, it starts over again. I tried to just leave it, nothing, I have even tried to save target as on the blue letters at the end of the count down,, still nothing.

I really would like to see this, as I am making a music video as we speak, and its always encouraging to see someone elses work...

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm just plain stupid :(

I wasn't going for perfect animation (I tried to be as fast as possible), but basically I love how it turned out...
I like it, and if you're satisfied with it then all the better.

I would have put a little sideways shear on the characters when they were jumping slightly to the side, and maybe offset some of the jumps by a frame or two so that they didn't all launch at exactly the same time, but that's all third-pass stuff. I like the hurried, wobbly movement of the background characters as they wander by.

I tried, I really tried,,, I even tried it Robcat's way,,, waited for ever and all it does is count down and restart the countdown

when it gets to 0 and the download link appears, it starts over again. I tried to just leave it, nothing, I have even tried to save target as on the blue letters at the end of the count down,, still nothing.

I really would like to see this, as I am making a music video as we speak, and its always encouraging to see someone elses work...

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm just plain stupid :(

Another try:

This is same thing at youtube.com

Hi there

I finally got to see it, the one on youtube.com worked.

I like it, the idea of using primitives stacked together in the background works well.

I like the simplicity of it. (Im referring to the background) one can easily overdo it and you got it right.

I'm sorry If I came across as rude, It wasn't my intention. thanx for being patient with me.

good work

Leo