Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

3d Text

9nine9

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A:M has a font wizard for taking text and creating a 3d model.

To start - In your model window - Right click (PC) - Select Plug-Ins, Wizard, Font.

Type the text into window - choose the font you want to use, use the options as set - say ok if you get some silly message warning about clearances - and Voila!

You can play with the various settings - after you see what you get with the default settings.

If your company logo is a special font - or special design, A:M also has an AI (adobe illustrator) wizard, that takes an ai file and creates a 3d model.

Same thing - except rt click - select plugins, wizards, AI - then browse for the file in ai format (I believe has to be ai ver 8 or less).

OK the wizard works great for the font but I cant get my *.ai files to show up. I have version 10 though. I tried saving as version 8 compatible and all the way down to version 3 compatible but they don't show up when I hit ok. AM: just takes me back to a blank screen. Any Ideas??

Any Ideas??

I really don't know why - however - I believe I have noticed (in the past) that sometimes after playing with the font wizard & ai wizard - that the ai wizard stops working - I would suggest closing A:M, and restarting it - then try it with a clean new empty model ...

what version & platform (pc, mac) are you using?

Also - sometimes depending on where (x,y loc) the vectors in the ai file are - you might not actually be viewing the model if A:M really has created something with it.

In the model window, do a shift + z to zoom in to where it might have been created