Hash, Inc. Forums

"pants man"

im working on this little guy...he started as a doodle and i want to keep him as a kind of cartoony guy so i drew the outline then made the mouth and eyes as splines rather than decals so i could move them around. i made them render as lines and black then gave them bones. i made a simple animation where he waves and set it at cartoon render. now its done and i cant see the eyes, and changing his expression is a pain. does anyone have a solution for me?

[attachmentid=20464]

untitled.bmp

My first suggestion would be to use either PNG's or JPG's to post an image...it would load a lot faster for dialup users (like myself).

As for changing expressions...if you make poses for the mouth movement it will make it a lot easier. I made a face rigging tutorial that is more than you would need to do for this character, but, it might help you understand the ins and out of a few things. It's located here.

Hope that helps, Tommy.

whew thats hefty for me...im like a noob

thanks

The tutorial is more than you would need, but, it shows how to make poses and such and how to organize things. For this character, all you would need is to make percentage poses in which you move the mouth to the shape you want....one for smile, frown, open, wide/thin, etc. The rest of the tutorial may be useful as you get a better understanding of how things are set up in AM.

Master, eh? Change that.

You don't need to change your animation, you do need to change your group settings. If you are just trying to get splines to render, maybe try the 'render as lines' setting under the group properties, then adjust the lines thickness to taste.