Hash, Inc. Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jpappas

question for Steffen about SimpleScatter plugin

Hi Steffen,

First let me thank you for your awesome collection of plugins!

I started playing with SimpleScatter for V13. I made a very basic model of a hill by deforming a grid in magnet mode, brought it into the Choreography and deleted the ground. Then I used SimpleScatter on the hill, selected a very simple tree model, and set it to 30 copies. It resulted in only 6 trees but four of them are floating above the hill model. I've tried this a few more times but no luck.

Again, thanks for the great plugins you give to the A:M community. :) If you do have some time to look at this, I've attached the sample file I used.

-Jim

scatterExample.zip

Are you starting the plugin from the frontview (Numpad-2) ?

Steffen,

I just tried it from the Front View and it works perfectly! So now I feel like a dummy because I went back to your webpage and sure enough, it says:

"This plugin works only correct, if you start them from the frontview (Alt-2)"

:P I totally missed that, but thanks for the quick reply! Using this is going to be fun, seems like the perfect way to quickly add random foliage to a landscape.

-Jim

Be sure to post your results Jim.

Upss, Alt-2 is false . I should correct it in the docu .

Hi,

To show how it's working, here's a picture of all 30 trees nicely placed on the hill. Now don't hold me to the quality of those, er, trees (cough, cough) or even of that.. hill. :lol: This was just proof of concept. Nicer models come later.

-Jim

scatter_trees.jpg