Hash, Inc. Forums

Bone Movement GLitch

Sonic922

Hi, Me again. I have been working with a Model I design and Once I started changing the mouth, the Bone position got stuck in an upward position whenever I put it under the head, Anyway, I was hesitant to do so, but I am posting the model hoping somebody knows how to fix it. The broken Bone is Bone 5 and is located under the Head Bone. It is positioned fine until It's put into an action or choreography.

Edit: Fianlly added it by copressing it to a zip

RoverN1.zip

• Admin

Your attachment problem could be several things.

File too large?

File not an acceptable format for upload?

You hit 'Preview' after completing your post? (Previewing a post often will drop the attachment)

It sounds to me like your Bone with the problems might need to be a child of the other Bone.

Probably more complicated than that but... worth checking.

Thank I got it, however I need one more bit of help. Can looking over the old model, when the arm moves, It rotates and twists, can someone give me some advice to make the ar movement more natural. Thanks again.

Here's the final model if that helps.

I'm not sure what you're asking here, Eric.

If it's about the geometry of the arms, for each joint it's always good to have three spline rings. One ring at around the point where the bones meet and one on each side of the joint. Then, you can use CP Weighting or Smartskin or fan bones or whatever method you want to get a natural looking bend.

Patason Brooks has some tutorials located here that might help. Matthew Krick has some tutorials here, Colin Freeman has some here and there are quite a few tutorials here and in the Tutorials section of the forum.

Hope that is helpful.