Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Modeling problems with CP's

yardie

Okay here I go again with a question I have been to scared to ask for ages.

I have had AM for nearly 4 years and I always give up when it comes to rigging a model.

when it comes to Attaching the CP's to the bones I always get CP's that don't look like there are attached to the assigned bone. but when I check the messy Control points weight the reading is always 100%. ( see the Attached picture.) The left thumb has assigned CP's but you can see they have mind of there own.

I have spent hours with the putty dude add back bone tutorial assigning bones and getting the same messy results. I sometimes wonder if the people that made the rig dont' want it reused.

Even removing the original rig constrains and re making them don't seem to help.

They are two Models that are free and on the old AM That have CP's looking out of place when Animating.

That's the Cape Dude (superman) and The Nun Model. I have tries to fix the CP's on these models with no Luck.

A while ago someone made a short demo of the Caped Dude Demonstrating SimCloth. The Simcloth Looked great but one of the Super Dudes foot and leg looks disjointed.

I would be great full if anyone has a solution to my rigging problem.

I cant Afford the new Set up Machine Rigger And I know other people made working models with out the need of the setup machine.

Ron_Bot_A60.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only thing I can suggest is to be very methodical when going through your model - do it one section at a time, and hide any CPs and bones that have nothing to do with that section. If you use auto-assignment, hide any bones that shouldn't have any CPs assigned to them.

Don't be confused about the Setup Machine - it simply creates a usable control rig but still leaves attaching CPs to you (how could it know which CPs belong to which bones?).

The only thing I can suggest is to be very methodical when going through your model - do it one section at a time, and hide any Cps and bones that have nothing to do with that section. If you use auto-assignment, hide any bones that shouldn't have any Cps assigned to them.

Don't be confused about the Setup Machine - it simply creates a usable control rig but still leaves attaching Cps to you (how could it know which Cps belong to which bones?).

Thanks Stuart but as I said I have gone through the middle section by section. the reading on the out of line read they are 100% attached to the bones there meant to be on. If you have the Super Dude Model I would like to see someone fix that leg cause I have tried to for some time and gave up. when I saw the Simcloth demo by some other clever guy the leg was still messed up. I guess not every thing is reusable.

since the thumb cps seem to be pointing the same way as the other hand are you sure that they are not assigned to the thumb bone on the other hand or anothr bone ..in the model window hide everything but the hand in question then go to bones mode and check..at least thats what I would do

The only thing I can suggest is to be very methodical when going through your model - do it one section at a time, and hide any Cps and bones that have nothing to do with that section. If you use auto-assignment, hide any bones that shouldn't have any Cps assigned to them.

Don't be confused about the Setup Machine - it simply creates a usable control rig but still leaves attaching Cps to you (how could it know which Cps belong to which bones?).

Thanks Stuart but as I said I have gone through the middle section by section. the reading on the out of line read they are 100% attached to the bones there meant to be on. If you have the Super Dude Model I would like to see someone fix that leg cause I have tried to for some time and gave up. when I saw the Simcloth demo by some other clever guy the leg was still messed up. I guess not every thing is reusable.

Once again I have to give up I have given all the information that I can I even have the picture of the Model on this topic. Ideas Originally the Evil Purple Model from The CD. I am using AM V12.

I Adapted the models face by replacing it with a mesh of my own face. I wanted to use the action From a project called Aes Tut on my new model. The action would work cause of the different skeleton structure, And for some mad reason some models dont have the models feet start on the Y= 0.

I can only get copy flip attached to work okay with Mirror Mode and Group snap Tolerance to work with both set to 1.27cm. the next thing I am trying is to Delete half the model then do the copy flip attached to see if that helps.

The Evil purple Model has loads of CP's that are left dangling in the air. The attachment show the first remake of the Ron- bot as I call it.

Burdy.mov

Cpus.jpg

Lift_up.mov

Ron_Vio.mov

I can't help you without you posting the model. Are you combining rigs? You are in a relationship window that refers to stolen bones. I'm starting to think that you imported smartskin (and bones) from another model that can not be used with this model, smartskin in not transferable, unless it is a bone to bone relationship. Also, there is no 3palm left in the 2001 rig, which was the rig in the evil purple model from the cd, I should know, I installed it. I have no problem with the evil purple model from the extra cd. So if you want to post the model, I'll see what I can do to help you fix it, if not, I can't help you.

[attachmentid=20064]

I can't help you without you posting the model. Are you combining rigs? You are in a relationship window that refers to stolen bones. I'm starting to think that you imported smart skin (and bones) from another model that can not be used with this model, smartskin in not transferable, unless it is a bone to bone relationship. Also, there is no 3palm left in the 2001 rig, which was the rig in the evil purple model from the cd, I should know, I installed it. I have no problem with the evil purple model from the extra cd. So if you want to post the model, I'll see what I can do to help you fix it, if not, I can't help you.

Sorry mtpeak I was not being ignorant. I didn't realize I could post Models. your help will be more than welcome. the left side of the face is screwed up. I tried Snap to Mirror points and Mirror selection and that messed the face up. but I can fix that later or leave the face out all together as I dont thing it will be noticed in the action

Stolen_Bones.zip

Easy fix. First thing, did you create the girlie, hat and hair poses? Delete them in the relationship folder and the user properties pose sliders and everything will be fine. These are muscle poses that do not apply to this model, (spline numbers are in different location in this model).

Easy fix. First thing, did you create the girlie, hat and hair poses? Delete them in the relationship folder and the user properties pose sliders and everything will be fine. These are muscle poses that do not apply to this model, (spline numbers are in different location in this model).

Oh My Gosh Geeza that did it. Thanks ever so much. I totally over looked the extra poses. Yep I got Model doing what its supposed to do. And now I can catch up with Model. I wish that kind of information was documented