Hash, Inc. Forums

Can't Start Exercise 1

DirectorDave

Hi. I was hoping to start off my relationship with this board with something cool and interesting, but I have to start off with something very lame...

I've installed/uninstalled this program four times on my Mac 10.4.7 computer. The reason? Within the very first lesson (Exercise 1) the book asks to go to the 'Library', click on the "Models" tab, double-click the "Actors" folder, and drag-and-drop "KeeKat"...

Well, there is no "Actors" directory...within 'All Library" or "My Library". In fact, there are no directories at all in the Library section. I can find that specific file and Import it from the disc...but I don't think that's what the makers had in mind.

I could not find anything in the book to help (fill in the blanks), and my DVD tutorial doesn't work (that's another thread after I fix this one!)

Am I missing something? Is this very simple and easy program even too much for me? Boy, I'm lame...

• Admin

If this is somehow Mac related we'll have to call in the calvary to troubleshoot.

I'll be guessing and thats not what I want to do.

There are a few things you can check.

First thing you should do is install the most current update from the forum.

I think v13f is out for the Mac.

As you install the update there will be a checkbox for installing the CD Library files to the harddrive.

I recommend this. It will also reinstall the links to your Library... which is a good thing.

If you don't want that you can still check to make sure A:M is looking in the right place for your Libraries.

Go to TOOLS/OPTIONS

on the Folders Tab

use the drop down menu

to check your Libraries

If your Library folder isn't listed there you can add it.

If this is somehow Mac related we'll have to call in the calvary to troubleshoot.

I'll be guessing and thats not what I want to do.

There are a few things you can check.

First thing you should do is install the most current update from the forum.

I think v13f is out for the Mac.

As you install the update there will be a checkbox for installing the CD Library files to the harddrive.

I recommend this. It will also reinstall the links to your Library... which is a good thing.

If you don't want that you can still check to make sure A:M is looking in the right place for your Libraries.

Go to TOOLS/OPTIONS

on the Folders Tab

use the drop down menu

to check your Libraries

If your Library folder isn't listed there you can add it.

Thanks! It looks like I'll be calling in the morning...even when I downloaded the update, it didn't have a checkbox for installing the CD Library files to the harddrive (or anything for that matter)....and the other option was good, but it still didn't work.