Hash, Inc. Forums

hippogyraf textures

Wow. Hippogyraf never looked so hip! I'll have to do his facial poses soon. I'll wait till his textures are safely on the svn first though. ;)

PS Is Tinman going to get that cool textured beard etc again?

Wow. Hippogyraf never looked so hip! I'll have to do his facial poses soon. I'll wait till his textures are safely on the svn first though. ;)

Supposedly I'm the final pick for his voice, so as a suggestion, the voice I've come up with for HG is kind of dopey with a nice lisp ("thay" instead of say). I'll be recording the latest scratch track (I say this because it won't be in a studio yet) tonight, and can post it to my site.

Greg

well, then I won't be the only person to have to redo my work ;)

Not a problem, it has been pushed to the side for several months while I did things that were more pressing at the time. I'll just transfer what I have over. The one that I thought was final had wings...are we going with wings or without?

I'll PM you Will. Once again, a fantastic job!

Also, some on/off dirt maps might be good too. Especially around the feet.

I agree, or some sort of detail around the toes/nails?

This is very impressive work btw!

Will, how long did this take you to do?

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

I recorded about 2 hrs of video for Steve of prepping the model (making groups, manual flattening and stamping, etc.). I showed some painting stuff in the demo, using 3DPainter and Photoshop, but after I sent the video off I started painting from scratch.

I did this Friday night after Stargate Atlantis (11:00?) until about 2:30 in the morning. then I posted a render and went to bed about 3:00. So about 4 hours of painting and 2 hours of UV setup.

Well certainly impressive stuff!

I might say that this is the most impressive decal job I've seen you post.....

Is there anyway to make the area around the lips, nostrils and eyes look wet and maybe slobbery(what?).

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

I think that link needs a password Rodney. There's lots of images there now. Maybe an "Old Images" link is needed soon. Also, I wish images/text could be centered.

Back to Hyppogyraf....

• Admin

Whoops. You are right Ken.

Easy to forget you aren't in the published version.

Link fixed.

I have a feeling the wiki might incorporate a Gallery one of these days but I don't know.

Noel is the Emporer of the Wikis. He may know.

• Admin

The texturing blends perfectly with some serious modeling.

Anyone else think how great it'll look when Hippogyraf in animated? :)

That belly alone should really breath life into her (?).

I can almost hear crunching straw now.

I did a texturing/UV demo for this years Siggraph tapes, using Ken Heslip's "hippogyraf" model from T.W.O.

I used a combination of 3DPainter and Photoshop.

Here is how the textures look so far--(I still have to paint a hair map for a bit of fur and the mane...)

Really nice texturing Will. What is this '3Dpainter' I here you speak of?

Beautiful work Z!

3DPainter has been renamed "Pixosaur." It has a site, but there won't be much information until next week:

http://www.3dpainter.com/

It's basically a 3rd-party tool that lets you paint directly onto A:M models, a la ZBrush.

<checks website> oOOooooh 5 days... There better be trumpets and fanfare and stuff next week. Does anyone know the etimated pricetag so I can start saving?

Superb work Will !,

And this Pixosaur 3rd party tool for Am seem great too !

:)

Al

Just a question: Since I am not an US citizen and dont have a credit-card... will PayPal or something like that be excepted?

*Fuchur*