non-attatching bones

Saliz

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saliz,

the bones will move the control points ONLY after you assign the CP's to them. You don't just plonk bones into a model and expect them to know which points to move.

If I'm reading your question correctly it seems that you don't know how to assign CP's to bones. This is one of a number of absolutely fundamental skills if you wish to use Animation Master.

I can't stress enough the need to work through "The Art of Animation Master" book that came with the software. Work through this, and in no time at all you will have the answer to your question, as well as a multitude of other necessary skills. If you don't, then I'll bet anything you like, that you will have another 20 basic questions on this forum within the week, and anyone who responds to you will say the same thing .... "have you been through "The Art of Animation Master" book yet?"

It's not that we don't like answering basic questions Saliz, (hey, they're the only ones I know the answers to anyway!) it's just that the book that came with your software was designed so that you could come to grips quickly with these fundamentals. You'll still have a ton of basic questions after completing the book which we'll all answer for you, but go through the book and at least get these fundamentals out of the way first OK.

Gerard

Hi

Im new to AM and im half way through the guide and if you havn't looked at it, I think you should as I wanted to jump in the deep end and get modeling my own stuff, but soon got frustrated.

You have to learn to walk before you can run.

Good Luck.

Lee

Hi

Im new to AM and im half way through the guide and if you havn't looked at it, I think you should as I wanted to jump in the deep end and get modeling my own stuff, but soon got frustrated.

You have to learn to walk before you can run.

Good Luck.

Lee

FYI i did all of the things in the book already, it just didn't work, i'm trying it again anyway,

last time it didn't move, i think i skipped a step. i'll post in a couple of hours from now to see if it attatched to my model(and i gotta eat lunch))

Hi

Im sure im bound to mess up plenty of times, its so complex. I keep thinking ahead about what I want to do instead of concentrating on drawing flowers etc.

I have the complete guide on order due in next week, im hoping it'll cover most things in more detail. I find the guide that comes with software only skates over topics.

Good Luck

Lee

Hi Saliz,

Lee is right in that the book that comes with the software does indeed skate over some topics. As I mentioned earlier, it is designed just to get you up and running with some very fundamental stuff.

You may indeed have skipped a step when adding bones to your model, so if you need a quick refresher I suggest you click on this link here AM: Technical Reference then go to the "Contents" tab, open "User Interface and Environment" then "Toolbars" and finally select "Bones Toolbar". Read the page that opens particularly toward the bottom where it talks about assigning control points.

It just might help.

Gerard

PS. This might seem like a really obvious thing to say, but I'll throw it in just in case you've forgotten ... if you have assigned the CP's to the bones in the bones window, the mesh will still not move when you move a bone ... you need to open an Action/Choreography window to test the movement.

Hi Saliz,

Lee is right in that the book that comes with the software does indeed skate over some topics. As I mentioned earlier, it is designed just to get you up and running with some very fundamental stuff.

You may indeed have skipped a step when adding bones to your model, so if you need a quick refresher I suggest you click on this link here AM: Technical Reference then go to the "Contents" tab, open "User Interface and Environment" then "Toolbars" and finally select "Bones Toolbar". Read the page that opens particularly toward the bottom where it talks about assigning control points.

It just might help.

Gerard

PS. This might seem like a really obvious thing to say, but I'll throw it in just in case you've forgotten ... if you have assigned the CP's to the bones in the bones window, the mesh will still not move when you move a bone ... you need to open an Action/Choreography window to test the movement.

thanks, now it is finally alive, THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!!