Hash, Inc. Forums

The science fair!!!!!

Well schools started and i'm preparing for the science fair, and i'm gonna use A:M for it, how? 'm gonna simulate realife situations, i'm goona take picture of diffrent rooms, and other places. then i'm gonna make a simplisitc verstion of those situations. and i'l make 3 diffrent renders of the situation one with all the actual lights that are in the room( or scene ) with no radiosity one with radiosity and one useing the real lights and other lights as well to simulate it. but i can't really start on it yet, you see theres some more info i need.

1. how is it suposed to be measured, my teacher said it would be ok to show how many lights i used or how many bounces they were in the scean.

2. there needs to be a variable, she said that haveing the 3 diffrent pictures would be ok(as i said)

3. there need to be a hypothesis or problem.

I don't really know how to implement this in the presentation, i also would like it if anyone could give some links on lighting i could use. i'm also gonna show diffrent lighting styles as wel like 3 point lighting( with i will pint out is exactly what they use to light the characters in the newer jimmy newtron shows). so can anyone help me plz?

>MAGE

test image i'm using for 3-point lighting

post-8313-1155172604_thumb.jpg

Sounds like a cool idea. I always wanted to do a science fair project. However, I would have spent too much time deciding what to do and procrastinating. By the time I made up my mind and decided that I could start working, I would have realized the deadline was the next day, so I wouldn't be able to finish anything in time. Because of this, I pretty much just wouldn't have even bother starting. LOL...I hope you do well.

LOL...well they never even mentioned it to me when I was in school. The only time I heard about science fairs was while watching some tv show or movie. I think they only told the lower grades about it because nobody in the high school ever talked about it, and I never saw any high schoolers' work displayed in the auditorium. It was all the middle schoolers' work. Besides, I do fifty billion...well not that much...a lot of other things, so I wouldn't have had time anyway. You're lucky. It's great that you're doing this. I'm sure you'll do well, but good luck anyway.

-Always

in highschool i was in a sience fair my project was on diffrent types of acids and how they affect diffrent materials in zero atmeashpere.

would been a good 2nd or 3rd place if i didnt put a hole in the gym floor

(really wasnt my fault that one of the acids ate though the container

in highschool i was in a sience fair my project was on diffrent types of acids and how they affect diffrent materials in zero atmeashpere.

would been a good 2nd or 3rd place if i didnt put a hole in the gym floor

(really wasnt my fault that one of the acids ate though the container

LOL...that's really unfortunate. It sounds like it would have been a really good project.